Senator shot in Virginia at baseball practice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one thing this has raised to me personally, seeing the Dims' and (Re)Pubes' outrange and rhetoric about how this has finally become real - what the hell is worse about some whacko nutjob attacking an elected official (or many of them) than attacking innocent Americans on the street? In a nightclub? In a church? Why are politicians enough of a "protected class" (with their armed bodyguards to help end the attack that Americans typically do not have and are simultaneously prohibited from carrying their own protection in many places in this country) than are regular, everyday people?

Thousands of Americans are gunned down every year.
How many law enforcement officer deaths this year? 61
This month? 7, already, in June alone.
In 2016? 145

We could go on and on and on about all the Americans who have been slaughtered by political whackos, terrorists of one kind or another, etc., but the bottom line is this, at least FOR ME:

Why do the bigwigs in Washington all of a sudden want to be indignant to a man (or woman), act like they're coming together, share public moments of prayer and outrage, strongly condemn such acts on the floor of the House and Senate because their own elite class has suddenly been attacked?

Where was all this unity and universal outrage when regular-Joe Americans were being killed in the same manner?
Killed in the same manner for what cause?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even think they're politically comparable in terms of the goals of the assailants. Mcveigh's motivations were more racial and conspiracy than political, from what i've gathered.
I am not trying to insult you, but you are either uninformed, extremely uniformed, or nuts.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:bigeye:

Huge President Trump supporter Ted Nugent phoned into a radio program Thursday to accept responsibility for his past violent rhetoric. During the interview, he called for everyone “to tone it down,” adding that “he is not going to be engaging in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore.”

What. The. Hell.

The 68-year-old rocker has called for the deaths of various Democratic leaders. In 2014, the NRA board member called for the assassination of then-President Obama. He called Obama a “subhuman mongrel.” In 2016, Nugent was again voicing his ominous wishes as he called for the death of then-Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/rocker-ted-nugent-says-its-time-to-tone-down-the-violent-rhetoric/[/QUOTE

Are you saying that Nugent isn't being sincere?

If so, are you also saying that YOU are not able to discover errors in your thinking or actions, and are willing to change?

The purpose of "posting" in a discussion is to change the thinking of other parties. Is we don't believe that folks are capable of change, then we should stop wasting electrons.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^
I believe he is totally sincere and I'm glad to see he will be changing his rhetoric in the future.
We need more of that from lots of people on all sides.
I was somewhat pleasantly surprised at his level of contrition and willingness to share it publicly.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe he is totally sincere and I'm glad to see he will be changing his rhetoric in the future.
I was somewhat pleasantly surprised at his level of contrition and willingness to share it publicly.

I agree. I just reread what I posted and it didn't read the way I intended. I wasn't aiming at you, but the "YOU" of all of us. Not only do we need to recognize that people can change, but we also must be willing to recognize that maybe some of our thoughts are somewhat faulty and we should always be open to possibility that we might change also.

Maybe this shooting will have a positive effect on a great many people, even some on here.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I just reread what I posted and it didn't read the way I intended. I wasn't aiming at you, but the "YOU" of all of us. Not only do we need to recognize that people can change, but we also must be willing to recognize that maybe some of our thoughts are somewhat faulty and we should always be open to possibility that we might change also.

Maybe this shooting will have a positive effect on a great many people, even some on here.

A wise policy.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing this has raised to me personally, seeing the Dims' and (Re)Pubes' outrange and rhetoric about how this has finally become real - what the hell is worse about some whacko nutjob attacking an elected official (or many of them) than attacking innocent Americans on the street? In a nightclub? In a church? Why are politicians enough of a "protected class" (with their armed bodyguards to help end the attack that Americans typically do not have and are simultaneously prohibited from carrying their own protection in many places in this country) than are regular, everyday people?
I think you just answered your own question: even with Capitol Police bodyguards standing by, they still fell under attack, with one of their own seriously wounded. They were just forced to confront the fact that they're not nearly so "protected" a class as they imagine themselves to be.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^

First Ted, I sincerely hope the others will follow his lead and truly be just as sincere:
2017-06-16-ee4b9453_large.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom