Shady???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
does OKC have that great of public transportation that someone can live without a car?
Because of sight issues I had to quit driving back in 2007 so I no longer own a vehicle. Since that time the problems with my vision have been corrected but because of my age now, I really don't see much of a reason to get a drivers license again, as well as buying a 'new' car/truck.

With buses, street cars, and on-call medical rides available through the city transportation system (EMBARK), as well as Uber and Lyft ride sharing service, having a vehicle in the OKC area, though convenient, isn't really a necessity for me except maybe for the outlying neighborhoods.

For myself, not having a private vehicle does prevent me from doing some things that I use to really enjoy, like fishing, boating, hunting, visiting gun ranges, purchasing larger items from retail, and specifically to this thread, not being able to meet other members of OSA or to conduct business with them.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reading comprehension on here is mind boggling.
The OP lives somewhere around Claremore, The guy without a car wanting to trade in in OKC.
This is an easy NO, Hell I wouldn't even drive to Claremore from Tulsa, much less anywhere towards OKC to do the deal. Moparman has got a couple items of interest as do a couple others, but the savings don't outweigh the gas prices.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually guys in OKC with no vehicle are losers, druggies, F-ups… maybe he is elderly and can’t drive? That’d be a best case scenario lol

I have bought and sold a lot of things on craigslist over the last 12 yrs. One technique I developed is to at some point make an actual phone call and talk to the person. Insist on having a conversation with them before committing to deals. Especially deals that are out of the way

A 3 minute conversation will tell you a lot about the person lmao
THIS! Oh, so this!
It don't take fifteen seconds to tell if he's a weirdo.
Also, I've meet genuine good people with what started out as a "hard nope" situation, after having TALKED to them.

Joe

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is he offering in trade?

If you think it’s worth the trade have someone here in okc put eyes on the trade and go from there.

Not having a car? Kind of odd but I would at least consider the offer if you don’t have anything else in the works.

Dandy_Aim

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
So I had a guy contact me about trading a pistol for a pistol. I am northeast of Tulsa and he is in OKC. I told him he would have to meet me in Tulsa to do the deal. He says he doesn't have a car so I will have to come to him. Is it just me or does this sound shady as hell????
I would say
Run for your life
It seems so off and strange

Latest posts

Top Bottom