Shipping and handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half the people say yes you can still ship guns you can still do it. Well then please inform me where exactly where I need a phone number I need an address because everyone I've called and talked to said hell no you can't do it unless you take it to an FFL.
If it's warranty work they will email you a label. You pack it up in a box tape the label on the box and drop it off. They fix the gun and send it back to your house with adult signature required. I just got my Canik pistol back Thursday with no issue. The only time I needed an FFL was when they replaced the gun and it had a different serial number.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's warranty work they will email you a label. You pack it up in a box tape the label on the box and drop it off. They fix the gun and send it back to your house with adult signature required. I just got my Canik pistol back Thursday with no issue. The only time I needed an FFL was when they replaced the gun and it had a different serial number.

Did you read the FedEx and UPS policies posted previously in this thread?

This is why people get confused. Yes...you can do that. It's not illegal. But it violates policies for shipping firearms of both companies. If your gun is lost they're gonna tell you to pack sand if you shipped a gun in violation of their policies. Is it stupid and ridiculous? Yes.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sent me a FedEx label and they sent it back to me fedex that's all I know. I've done this a few times over the years with no issues. Sending or receiving from a private party is a totally different scenario. To and from a manufacturer is different as I understand.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sent me a FedEx label and they sent it back to me fedex that's all I know. I've done this a few times over the years with no issues. Sending or receiving from a private party is a totally different scenario. To and from a manufacturer is different as I understand.
If the manufacturer sends you a label then it's the manufacturer that is arranging the shipment and therefore in keeping with the stated policies it seems to me.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know but I got a shipping label from Canik dropped it off at FedEx and it got shipped right back to my house yesterday. I put the gun in a cardboard box taped the label on and sent it. They didn't ask what was in the box and I didn't mention what was in the box. The old Army motto...... Don't ask, don't tell.
that's how it worked with me on a S&W repair deal - plane box with no markings and S&W's shipping lable

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never had anything lost by any carrier and I’ve never bothered with “insurance”.

I take my stuff to the hub, make chit chat with the nice lady, pay my fee and live my life. Never have I been asked “what’s in the box?”. I don’t create problems where none exist.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A shipping label from the manufacturer is the easiest if you can get them to send it. I've had good luck with Smith & Wesson sending them for FedEx.

If you end up using a dealer to ship it, I've used the indoor range on Flood before. I forget how much they charged( but remember thinking it was very reasonable) I dropped off two rifles and the FFL of the receiving dealer and they did everything else.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not true...

It's not hard to find the UPS policy on firearms. This page pretty much explains UPS policy. I'm pretty sure FedEx probably has a similar page:

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/s...egulated-items/prohibited-items/firearms.page
View attachment 400960

It's not illegal. But like @elwoodtrix said, good luck if the package is damaged or lost. They'll tell you to pack sand when you try to file a claim.
It was a Rolex watch and I expect full payment unless you find the watch!

Latest posts

Top Bottom