Shooting at NAS Pensacola

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've trained enough Saudi pilots for them to train their own. We don't need their oil. They spawned the creeps who hijacked some of our airliners and took out the World Trade Center, part of the Pentagon, and were likely headed for the White House. Now one of their military pilots killed US soldiers on US soil. That's an act of war! Congress needs to declare a state of war, and at the least expel all Saudi military, all Saudi diplomats and staff, any and all Saudi students here, and any Saudis visiting, vacationing, or otherwise not legally engaged in pursuing naturalization and thoroughly vetted.

We keep opening up this country to any and all dubious "allies" and we get stung. If one more US citizen is murdered by any foreign national, we should hold those who allowed these people access to our country accountable. I know we elected these people, but I cannot recall any of these people campaigning on allowing persons from demonstrated hostile countries to enter. It's bad enough these people in government allow people from Central America in unlimited numbers - of dubious health(un-vetted), dubious background(un-vetted), unskilled(dubious worth), and only come here to live on the public dole or to poison us with illegal drugs - to flood across our southern border. But to allow people who are sworn enemies in is treasonous.

Your disdain for those in government who take the oath and ignore it might vary, but I find it hard to believe there are members of the electorate who have no disdain for these people.

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Military bases have essentially been gun free zones for a long time. I joined under Reagan and served on Army, Navy and Air Force bases at home and abroad. Except for specific circumstances, nobody was armed and firearms were always tightly controlled.

It’s less of a political situation than it is a security, logistics, and property control issue.

It goes further back than that. I served in the late '60's, and on every base where I was stationed (except for one), firearms were tightly controlled. The one exception was when I was stationed in Pakistan, and we had a WWII era M1 Carbine hanging on the wall of operations. Yeah, that's right. Singular, meaning we had one for the entire unit of about 30 people. I think we had one magazine of ammo, but that was probably the cleanest rifle in all of the U.S. Army. (Got very boring on mid shift.)

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Served at Sheppard AFB TX in the mid 1970's and ran around with Iranian who was also there in pilot training. This has been going on for a long time of allowing foreign nationals to train on US Military Bases.
We were NOT allowed to have firearms in the barracks at my PCS SAC Base but were allowed to keep them in the Base Armory and check them out and back in for use OFF BASE . Many of us hunted and fished in the Northern Michigan area.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The training took place at Fort Worth, Texas, SIGAR told Air Force Times. Northrop Grumman operates a 5,000 square-foot custom-built classroom space located at Meacham Airport in Fort Worth."

I don't think Meacham Field in Ft.Worth is a full fledged military base such as Pensacola NAS or Sheppard AFB TX.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Some went AWOL in Goergia too. That’s the point of my post. They are coming here,going AWOL and living in America. Doing what?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Military bases have essentially been gun free zones for a long time. I joined under Reagan and served on Army, Navy and Air Force bases at home and abroad. Except for specific circumstances, nobody was armed and firearms were always tightly controlled.

It’s less of a political situation than it is a security, logistics, and property control issue.
I'm sure times have changed overall, but my last duty station at Ft Leavenworth Ks had zero policy with guns on base while hunting. No advanced permission needed, just a Ks hunting license.
We lived off post, but it was an open campus for the most part. I brought folks in all the time to hunt upland and small game around the airfield, sometimes between the runways.
There was an active Rod and Gun club mainly among the officers, and a Fox and Hound club that was strictly field grade officers. Junior officers and enlisted need not apply.
I was in that area three years ago while on a trip to KC. Wife and I drove right on to the base after stopping at the gate. Told the MP we were there to visit a grave at the national cemetery, and they let us right in.
Probably one of the nicest, cleanest bases in the US.

Latest posts

Top Bottom