Shot my new M&P this weekend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it. Shoots great, couldn't ask for a smoother gun. Only thing is, due to an injury to my trigger finger, I had to adjust my grip. With my normal grip I was shooting a little down and left. Adjusted grip and was dead on, but the new grip doesn't feel right. Should I just get used to the new grip, or should I see about adjusting the sights?

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the M&P comes with three grip sizes. Try the others out. Even if they don't "feel" as good, they may fit you better and therefore you shoot more to your point of aim. Congrats on the M&P. My wife and I each have one (or two) and really like them.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Full size or compact? Caliber?

I love it. Shoots great, couldn't ask for a smoother gun. Only thing is, due to an injury to my trigger finger, I had to adjust my grip. With my normal grip I was shooting a little down and left. Adjusted grip and was dead on, but the new grip doesn't feel right. Should I just get used to the new grip, or should I see about adjusting the sights?

ERIC FUSON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try gripping the gun harder with you left hand. Relax you right hand, and place the center of your finger print on the center of your trigger. Then take all the pre-travel out of the trigger before you align your sights and press the trigger slowly to the rear. Don't make the gun go off, Let the gun go off.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on maybe adjusting the grip size with the replaceable backstraps. This is huge for some people.

I'm taking my M&P 9mms to a two-day training class this weekend. The Compact will be the primary; the full sized is the spare gun. I am eager to see how they'll hold up to the tough use, sweat, heat, etc. Both guns are already into four-digit round counts with no issues.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I each have one (or two) and really like them.

Same in this house, the wife and I both own the 9c. She uses the small grip and my the medium. When I accidentally pick up her gun it feels 'different', so that might be a solution.

Also, some people have modified their grips by shaving or adding striations, etc.