Shotgun for Highplains/3-gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Benelli Supernova (it's my really long camo turkey gun) and an old 1100 with a mod and an improved barrel. If I were to try and shoot this match... should I just buy a benelli nova or attempt to shoot one of my current shotguns? I'm currently not remotely proficient with any of them so that really isn't an issue. Oh, I'm left eye dominate and a righty if that matters (going to try and learn to shoot long guns lefty)

Ultimately, I'd prob end up with an M1 or an FN, but not today.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat except for the eye dominance thing.

Was out with Rusty today shooting clays. Well he was shooting them. I was just shooting at them. I hadn't really shot a shotgun to speak of since my late teens and boy does it ever show.

I think I'll just go with an 870 and shoot heavy metal. Down the road I'll pick up a Benelli or FN.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've got a Benelli Supernova (it's my really long camo turkey gun) and an old 1100 with a mod and an improved barrel. If I were to try and shoot this match... should I just buy a benelli nova or attempt to shoot one of my current shotguns? I'm currently not remotely proficient with any of them so that really isn't an issue. Oh, I'm left eye dominate and a righty if that matters (going to try and learn to shoot long guns lefty)

Ultimately, I'd prob end up with an M1 or an FN, but not today.

Get on the same squad and shoot my M2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom