Should I take my situation to small claims court?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But the evil side of me wants to do bad...

stream1.gifsoup.com_view6_4710118_emperor_evil_laugh_o.gif

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spata FTW. Yeah I am so pissed. I want to do the right thing. That is why I brought this situation. But the evil side of me wants to do bad...

Get that pistol back, priority numero uno, then worry about the cash/boat. You can be in a newer boat for a few grand. Neighbor just bought a seven year old $70k skeeter for $9500... There are deals out there. Just try to deal with people you know, or that can be personally vouched for. Don't expect perfection.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are so bad.... well who wants to go with me to cut all of his boats up with light sabers? But for real I want my damn boat back fixed! Or broken and my money back. This blows.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, we've been where you are. Cut your losses and walk away. And when you do don't dwell on how the guy cost you time and money. Life's too short.

I'm better at the above than GC is. Now whether that is because I have less testosterone coursing thru my veins or because I've had more practice (which calls my ability to judge other folks' character comes into play) is up for debate, but one thing is for sure ... HE'S not gonna become a responsible person overnight.

Just go get your boat, take it somewhere else and get on with enjoying life ...

Oh ... And video ... We need video!! :naughty: :D

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now the guy has a 1911...

Gotta be careful creepin' around his place!

+1 on the small claims court judgement - I had that experience about 10 years ago in Cleveland County on unpaid rent. Judge did put out a bench warrant and Big Momma got picked up during a trtaffic stop and held in the crossbar hotel until her brother-in-law negotiated a settlement and paid me so she could get out and his wife would quite crying.

Cedar Creek

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals. I think I will just have to take a loss on this. I will get my boat back regardless. I will push the others out of the way to get mine if it will come down to that. If I do catch him and confront him, what should I say? At this point I am heated and would probably make unwise decisions.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell him you want your 1911 back if you've already given it to him, if he doesn't comply, report it stolen and include in the report who has it. Not sure if that'll work given that you may/may not have given it to him, but try. If he confronts you, be professional. Just let him know you want your property back, even if that means removing the 140 motor he used to replace your busted one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom