sig p239???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know theres die hard :heart:sig fans (like :heart:glock guys) what can you sig fellows tell me about this little 9mm "p239" and does any of you guys cc one???....:idea:

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expensive and heavy. I looked at them and decided on a Kahr P9. Same capacity and weighs about half. Don't get me wrong if you don't mind the weight Sig is top tier.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to throw my 2 rounds in...

My wife and I both have one. We love 'em. We both went through CLEET Phase-IV with them, and they're our regular carry now.

If it was a little slimmer, it'd be nice; but I don't mind it as it is. She has 3 pistols now, and the P239 is her favorite.

The way it fits the hand, it's like an extension of your finger went you point.

We have the DAK models. Just point and shoot. The DAK trigger took a little getting used to, but I really like it now.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one and loved it (mine was a P239 SAS). Here's a comparison of it vs. the Kahr K9 I used to own (I had... just a bit of work done to the Kahr):

http://okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65494

I ended up selling it mostly because I found a German Sig P228 that I couldn't live without.

Honestly, I've owned a P6 (German Police version of the P225) and the P239 and they were both just to large (wide long and tall) to only house 8 rounds.

I will say that after owning a Kahr and then going to the Sig, the mags in the Sig are much better made (heavier steel, better construction), and the fit/finish on the Sig is unmatched.

That being said, the same is true of other Sigs and my P228 is barely larger than the P239 I had, so I didn't loose much in the way of "concealability" and yet I gained 13rds in a factory mag, or 15 in a Mec-Gar aftermarket.

I've started leaning more towards the "J-frame in the pocket" over any smaller semi-autos and just carrying a compact or mid-sized semi-auto IWB and forgetting about the sub-compacts.

I want to say that Talacker still has my old Sig P239 SAS (which was his old P239 SAS). Last I checked, he was looking to sell it again to fund something else. You might PM him about selling his (if he still has it).

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it little.

I had a beautiful P239 SAS. Just too big for as little rounds it carried. Shot great but it was becoming a safe queen for me