Sig P320 potentially unsafe. Lawsuit filed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like none of you even read the article LOL.

I read the article: An officer was carrying the newer version of the P320 and during a struggle with a perp the officer's holstered pistol went off, striking another officer in an undisclosed location. In other words, the P320 will still fire without pulling the trigger.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read the article: An officer was carrying the newer version of the P320 and during a struggle with a perp the officer's holstered pistol went off, striking another officer in an undisclosed location. In other words, the P320 will still fire without pulling the trigger.

Reading is fundamental.

"MPD has not had any discharges that had been caused by a mechanical issue with the Sig Sauer pistol. The cause of the discharge from the incident that occurred on the 600 block of W. Garfield Avenue is under investigation," an email from the department's public information office responded"

In other words. They don't know what caused it. Hint: Glocks used to get blamed many moons ago for similar ADs with LE, many turned out to be NDs.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the pistol is defective to the point that the striker can slip and fire the pistol, then it should be a full recall, not a "voluntary upgrade".

Kind of hard to "full recall" a gun if the owners refuse to send the gun into the manufacture for the repairs. I have several P320 guns and on the one that was affected Sig threw in all sorts of goodies to entice owners to send the guns in for the repairs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom