Sig P322

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am intrigued by the Sig P322 20+1. I find them listed at BP and Cabela’s with or without the Romeo red dot. Reviews are not that great for the Romeo on the pistol saying it’s not as good as a separate Romeo that can be added. Anybody out there have this pistol with or without the Romeo? I haven’t owned an Sig before but generally here good things.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been shooting SIGs since 1978. Out of the box, all have been 100% reliable and superbly accurate.

I over-thought the decision to get a 322 until I ended up getting a Ruger Mk4.

This was a year or so ago. I was concerned about the leading issues and the Ruger was just a safe choice.

If the leading issues are worked out, the 322 would be an exceptional choice.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the research I’ve been seeing seems to blame the ammunition and possibly inadequate cleaning. Just seems odd that you don’t see a lot of this same type complaint with others like Ruger for instance.

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
the research I’ve been seeing seems to blame the ammunition and possibly inadequate cleaning. Just seems odd that you don’t see a lot of this same type complaint with others like Ruger for instance
I have both a Ruger 22/45 and Sig P-322 with Remo Zero. Both have been good firearms and accurate as the ammo used allowed. I suspect the Sig is more accurate than the Ruger 22/45 in general, but of course there are numerous versions in the Ruger.
The leading issue was observable in mine for the first few hundred rounds, but has been gone since. Been shooting Blazer and Federal bulk packs recently.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 sig P322's. Only failures with feeding were because the kids loaded the magazines incorrectly. If you pay attention while loading, they run great. I bought one with the Romeo RDS from a pawn shop. The sight was off and there wasn't enough adjustment to sight it in at 25 yards. That might have been why it was at a pawn shop. It shoots great with iron sights.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Decided to 'pull the trigger' on the Sig P322. Ordered a Holosun 507 to mount on it. After a lot of research decided that was better than getting the P322 with the reflex attached. My main reasoning was to use this 22 as a cheaper way to practice with the same red dot as my 9mm Hellcat.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the P322 and new Holosun to the indoor range today for first firing and zeroing the new red dot. Don't usually frequent the indoor range but figured sighting in would be less effort there than my outdoor range. VERY impressed with the Sig. No jams or failure to feed whatsoever. I only went thru 3 mags ( 60 cartridges). I did follow instructions from various researches I did and took particular care when loading the mags. Zeroed the new Holosun on my Hellcat as well. Win Win

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
I have 2 sig P322's. Only failures with feeding were because the kids loaded the magazines incorrectly. If you pay attention while loading, they run great. I bought one with the Romeo RDS from a pawn shop. The sight was off and there wasn't enough adjustment to sight it in at 25 yards. That might have been why it was at a pawn shop. It shoots great with iron sights.
SIg will replace the Remo Zero optic if it fails. No charge, usually just send a picture of the barcode marked out and a replacement will be mailed to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom