SIG SAUER Donates Pistols to Boy Scouts of America for 2013 National Scout Jamboree

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.ammoland.com/2013/07/sig-sauer-donates-pistols-to-boy-scouts-of-america/#axzz2YwqlF9VN

EXETER, NH --(Ammoland.com)- SIG SAUER is donating 70 custom engraved pistols to the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) to help teach Scouts about the safe use of firearms during the organization’s 2013 National Scout Jamboree to be held July 15-24 2013 at The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia.

The company is engraving the BSA logo onto 54 Mosquito pistols and 16 P250 pistols, which Venturers and Boy Scouts who meet the Venturing age requirement (14–21 years old) will use in their shooting activities at the event. The National Jamboree is held every four years and draws some 50,000 Scouts, Venturers, and adult staff members, as well as thousands of daily visitors.

“For many, the Boy Scouts were a key introduction to the outdoors and shooting sports,” said Bud Fini, SIG SAUER Vice President of Marketing. “As shooting sports continue to grow in popularity, we’re happy to help the Boy Scouts teach the next generation about firearms safety and responsible use.”

While the Jamboree will see the introduction of these pistols, they will also help enable the Boy Scouts to offer an annual pistol program at The Summit.

“Thanks to SIG SAUER, Venturers and Scouts will have the opportunity to learn proper shooting techniques and firearm safety from qualified instructors on some of the finest pistols available,” said Ronald Timmons, director, national corporate alliances for the Boy Scouts of America.

The 2013 National Scout Jamboree marks the debut of The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, which, in addition to serving as the permanent home of the jamboree, will host annual high adventure activity programs as the newest Boy Scouts of America High Adventure Base. Organizers are expecting a historic jamboree featuring a host of world-class activities, including one of the largest shooting sports areas ever created.

Become a fan of SIG SAUER on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SigSauerInc.

About SIG SAUER, Inc.

SIG SAUER, Inc. is the largest member of a worldwide business group of firearms manufacturers that includes SIG SAUER GmbH & Co. KG in Germany and Swiss Arms AG in Switzerland. This global network of companies gives SIG SAUER a world-class firearms knowledge base, unparalleled design
expertise, and extensive manufacturing capacity, enabling the company to respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and the needs of its military, law enforcement, and commercial markets worldwide. SIG SAUER is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified company more than 800 employees. For more information on SIG SAUER, any of its products, or the SIG SAUER Academy^(SM), log on to www.sigsauer.com.

About the Boy Scouts of America

The Boy Scouts of America provides the nation’s foremost youth program of character development and values-based leadership training, which helps young people be “Prepared. For Life.™” The Scouting organization is composed of 2.6 million youth members between the ages of 7 and 21 and more than a million volunteers in local councils throughout the United States and its territories. For more information on the Boy Scouts of America, please visit www.scouting.org.

Here is a pic someone posted of them today.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats awesome!
When my kids were in scouts, (80's) the scoutmaster almost got relieved after suggesting a BB Gun program for the boys. The council flat refused. (Will Rogers)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The scoutmaster was only wanting to get them their merit badges, and with no facilities in our area, he volunteered to buy a couple of bb guns and start a program. Times were a little different then.
Its obviously changed now for the better!

When I was in scouts, we got to shoot .22's and at summer camp they had a set up for .22 birdshot and clay pidgons. They were smaller than normal and much slower/closer.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh crud!!!! Now I'm going to have to consider buying a Sig so I can support a good company that is willing to support a good youth organization. That is really good news to hear, especially with the recent changes that the scouts were almost forced to adopt.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did BSA start allowing pistol shooting? I remember rifle and shotgun (which I quite enjoyed, of course), but I seem to recall an outright prohibition on handguns (mid-to-late nineties).

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did BSA start allowing pistol shooting? I remember rifle and shotgun (which I quite enjoyed, of course), but I seem to recall an outright prohibition on handguns (mid-to-late nineties).

I thought the same thing and then reread... You missed the sentence targeting the older boys.

The company is engraving the BSA logo onto 54 Mosquito pistols and 16 P250 pistols, which Venturers and Boy Scouts who meet the Venturing age requirement (14–21 years old) will use in their shooting activities at the event.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is great. Those are some nice pistols as well. Good to see gun manufacturers helping to educate our youth. More manufacturers need to follow suit. The more children that can be educated about firearms and actually have the chance to use them the better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom