SIG Sauer P229 9MM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A (near) C&P of a post I made on the Kansas forum a few months back

100 rounds of WWB 9mm from WallyWorld went downrange today and the slide and barrel are soaking in cleaner as I type this.

The guy from my LGS may have been a bit embarrassed, as it turned out that he had one in stock all the time, so I went back down and picked it up. It was what I wanted so I plunked down the cash and walked away with the SIG (after the federal rigmarole) and since it was a nice day, even if a bit hotter than I like, I put the pistol through its' paces.

The gun handled well, and even though it is a compact version of the P226, (the dealer informed me that 226 magazines will work in the 229, for any who might be interested) it still seemed to be a bit heavy. The trigger was superb, and the pistol seemed to be accurate in my hands. Every one of the rounds I shot would have ruined someone's day, had the paper man been a bad guy.

A couple of minor negatives. The magazines were hard to seat, but that could be a function of their being new. Also they did not drop free like I prefer. Both of these likely will be dealt with as the pistol breaks in.

All-in-all, the P229 is a well-made, and well-designed piece of hardware, and as a further bonus, my particular specimen was even made in New Hampshire. If I ever tire of revolvers, this is likely what I'd carry.

A fun day.

Since then, the SIG has had about 300 more rounds fired through it, all WWB 115 grain FMJ. Functioning as been flawless with the exception of the magazine issue and that is not a problem with most of the P226 magazines that I use.

www.imfdb.org_images_2_22_SIG_SauerP229R.jpg

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A favorite of mine. Have owned and carried various SIGs for many years. My favs were the slicked down versions without rail but they are all good. As a geezer I now only own two handguns. One for the woods and one for the jungle. My jungle gun is a 9mm Sig P226 which is almost identical to yours above. Same effective weight and .6" longer. I carry IWB and don't find the longer barrel to bother me. Enjoy your Sig. (my woods gun is a revolver.)
P226 small.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pistols indeed. A bit fat around the grip it seems, for me personally, but darn nice still.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Selling my P229 9mm SAS was just about the dumbest gun deal I’ve ever done. Something about the P229 in 9mm simply works. Same way I feel about the P226 as well.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a West German P229 for a while before switching to the HKs. As far as non polymer pistols go, the 226 & 229 are without a doubt, my favorite.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost 500 WWB FMJ's through it and nary a problem. So far, it's a fun gun to shoot and I'm very happy with it. Still kinda hesitant about carrying it. but I might do it on occasion in the future if for some reason I find it hard to carry my wheelguns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom