Need help identifying some pistol magazines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got 3 pistol magazines at a eastate sale for .50 cents a piece. They seemed awfully close to a Beretta 92fs magazine and figured heck for a buck fifty why not take a chance. I got all three. What I found is that one of the mags is a little bit longer than the others.

Someone said they think it may be some cz pistol mag but I don't know for certain. It's been a long time and i sat em up on this shelf and forgot about em for a rainy day.

So upon testing them in a nice factory Italian Beretta 92 is the full size Beretta mags are substantially longer and the factory mags for the Beretta fit flush in this gun.

I know this thread isn't worth anything without pictures but getting the thread started I figured Is a start. I will post some photos later. But I wanted help identifying these.

They do fit into the Beretta 92fs and they even lock in, but the mouth of the mag doesn't sit in the chamber. The mags are a little too short.

I know they make a compact Beretta 92, any other guns come to mind with really similar magazines?

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah i dont think it would. I can check when i get home but with the mag locked into the magwell it sits way to short and far down in the magwell... Its kinda like sticking a shorter compact glock 26 mag in a fullsize glock 19. It fits but doesnt reach all the way up there.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SIG P226 uses a very similar magazine. It has been many moons since I tested them, but I think the main difference was that the magazine catch cutout is positioned differently.

ETA: excluding the different magazine foot plates, that is.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mags left.jpgmags r.jpg

Beretta magazine is on the far left.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cuts and funky foot plates would most likely place them in the 1994-2004 date range. The cuts were to keep you from converting it from a 10-rounder into a then-illegal 15-rounder and the "high" foot reduced the capacity while maintaining compatibility with full-size mag wells, both of which were work-arounds during the term of the AWB. They look vaguely like Daewoo mags, at least in the shape of the foot plate.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's like 10 or 15 mags that are basically the same except for mag catch location.
I got a buttload in a deal once and the cheapo labels had fell off. so, it was a matter of trying different guns.
I've still got some that I never figured out.
I'll give you one hint. If it looks like a beretta, think european mag catch on the bottom so there's NO catch slot.
Some Sig's may be like that too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom