SKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wanted an SKS, however buying better more functionally prioritized guns have kept me from buying. I have seen these all over the internet "new, still crated, packed in cosmoline" etc.. I have seen them anywhere from $300 - $500. Anyone know of any closer to the $200-$250 range? If I could find at that range, I could look at buying one in a month or so. Am I just dreaming or is this range, even a good functional used one, a possibility?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was one I believe in the classifieds here a couple of days ago; a Russian in an aftermarket stock for $250. I thought was a very good deal, as refurbed Russians any more are in the $450-$500 range. It's going to be hard to find any SKS in the $200-$250 range these days.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen one in a pawn shop a few months ago for $200. That is the best price I had seen in a while. I can't imagine paying more than $200 for one. I would just get an AK. I have owned many of them in the past. I was buying them by the crate in 1993-94 for around $35.00 each. They were mostly junk then. It blows my mind when I see people asking AK prices for them.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last one I got was $350 for a # matched /26\ in almost unused condition at Sooner State Pawn. Finding them under $300 seems quite rare anymore.

(Also consider that I just sold a run-of-the-mill Mosin 91/30 for almost $300... Prices are on the rise, it would seem)

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one that was very nice inside and out packed in cosmoline.
But the thing would not hit where i aimed every time I had to limit the range to 75 yards.. but i like to shoot small things.
At 110 yards I shot at the shoulder crease on a whitetail hit it in the neck .
I did not reload then ..I sold it to a friend and he likes it just fine.
I would not own another one.
7.62x39 does nothing for me.
But many people like them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom