Skunked this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a terrible year. 8,000 + acres of public land in Hickory Creek, missed my perfect shot due to a loose scope mount. Saw at least 12, but couldn't get any of those in the scope. Just closed on 40 acres of land but too late to get a feeder going. major disappointment. I had quite an investment in this years season. Ah, well, there's always next year.$#@#&%$*%(^!!!:cry11:

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How terrible can it be?
Sounds like you spent some quality time outdoors.:scratch:

It is nice to be able to spend time outdoors. I'm a firm believer that a bad day fishing/hunting is better that a good day at work. I also understand what its like to invest time and money in something you love and not get the desired results. I had a pretty tough year last year, spent most of the fall working out of town and when I did have the time to hunt the weather was piss poor.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sux about your season, but you have lots of time to get your 40 set up for next year. I have a buddy that has 40 acres that is about 1/2mile from public ground, and he takes a really good buck from it every year. Hunting pressure on the public land pushed them off into the private grounds, and he gets the benefits from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom