Small pistol primers on the shelf.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a 1000 rnd brick for around $72 a few weeks ago when I was in Wichita.

I wished I had the money to have got more.

But if the price keeps going on a downward trend, I'll have to keep checking back and hope to get more lower prices.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I'm the one who's fantasizing. I want them to go back to a buck 25 for a box. Literally everything has doubled in price so many times over the last 30 years that everyone thinks these prices are normal. In all reality, it was better in the 30's economy than than now. My money went further when I was making $3.24 a hour than now at around 30.00.
I told my dad a few years ago that Unique powder was unobtanium and if you could find anything at all, like Win 231 it was $40-$50 / lb. He scoffed and looked at me like I was someone's bastard child and wouldn't say another word to me 🤣

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told my dad a few years ago that Unique powder was unobtanium and if you could find anything at all, like Win 231 it was $40-$50 / lb. He scoffed and looked at me like I was someone's bastard child and wouldn't say another word to me
I kind of did not believe it would be $40.
I got a bunch of W231 a few years ago and thought why did I buy so much of this powder.

I just looked at Midway USA for that powder price.

$41.49 - $285.99 1 lb or 8 lb.

OUCH!
I even have a large "Tin can " of it.
Glad I stocked up on it when it was cheaper.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of did not believe it would be $40.
I got a bunch of W231 a few years ago and thought why did I buy so much of this powder.

I just looked at Midway USA for that powder price.

$41.49 - $285.99 1 lb or 8 lb.

OUCH!
I even have a large "Tin can " of it.
Glad I stocked up on it when it was cheaper.
Amen.

Unless I want to load some real barn burners in .44 Mag utilizing H110, 240 gr JHP's and magnum primers I've used W231 in .38 Spl., .357 Mag, 45 ACP and .44 Mag ever since I started reloading back in the late 80's....I might have a pound or two put back also. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom