So, is this an albino raccoon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got around to messing with the trail cam I won from The Big Buck Club. 156 pics of raccoons and armadillos are all I got. These pics done got me stumped, though. I've never messed with trail cams before, so is it common for an IR flash to make the critter appear lighter? Every other pic I have, they look normal, except for this guy.

What do you think? Weird lighting? Albino? Ghost?

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Oklahoma_PICT0133.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Oklahoma_PICT0134.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Oklahoma_PICT0135.jpg

TERPSTER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents had an albino coon at their house for a couple of years. It just looks like the flash creating a lighter image here, I am not sure where you are seeing a white raccoon. You can see stripes on the tail, on the one at my parents there were no stripes. That is a pretty big coon though!

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure where you are seeing a white raccoon.

That's why I asked, I didn't say it is albino, I'm asking what people think it may be making it so light. I had dozens of pics of other raccoons in the same general area that one is standing, and they clearly were the black and gray coloration everyone knows.

And from going through Google images, a lot of albino raccoons have visible face and tail markings, they're just lighter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last trapping season after watching coons clean up my feeder every night, I trapped the small area intensly. Ended up with 18 coons, 8 possums, one bobcat, and I quit counting skunks, in just one month. Amazing how much game is attracted to a feeder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom