So now the Apache are upset that Bin Laden's code name for the rade was Geronimo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet seal team 6 sat around thinking about how they could affend a race before they went in for the kill. It dont matter what they called it someone somewhere would cry about it. Some people have nothing better to do in life but whine about minor things.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess this means I'm the only American Indian here then. Some people will never get it. Geronimo had honor and courage and nobility, all traits which OBL lacked.

I guess that would depend on which side you were on - both for OBL, and Geronimo. I'm guessing there's lots of guys over there that think he had "honor, courage, and nobility", and I'm sure there were plenty of settlers that would have told you Geronimo lacked all of the above.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet seal team 6 sat around thinking about how they could affend a race before they went in for the kill. It dont matter what they called it someone somewhere would cry about it. Some people have nothing better to do in life but whine about minor things.

You can't call it an animal's name because PETA would complain.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They call a helicopter APACHE!! Another jab at native americans. Dont get me started on major league sports, team names.... Besides Obama is the commander an CHIEF!!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess this means I'm the only American Indian here then. Some people will never get it. Geronimo had honor and courage and nobility, all traits which OBL lacked.

They could have just as easily named him Moses (okay, so maybe we only spent 10 years wandering around in the desert looking for OBL, and not 40, but you get the idea), or Jesus Christ, or George Washington, or Robert E. Lee. But they didn't, because that thought would never enter their mind. But the poor mis guided rebel Indian who wouldn't lay down and become "civilized" like all the good white Christian farmers, that one's fair game.

I'm not Apache, but I did find it a bit offensive that they used the name Geronimo for any part of this mission.

Uhmmmm ... wait ... Just because we are not offended we must not have any Indian heritage? My card-carrying great-grandmother is turning over in her grave right now ...

And, correct me if I am wrong ... but didn't Geronimo surrender?? And die in captivity?? Seems like he became quite a celebrity during that time also. On top of all that, Geronimo isn't even his Indian name anyway ...

**sigh**

Latest posts

Top Bottom