The NYPD's Work Stoppage is Surreal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's not blame the liberals exclusively for "quality of life" policing. The drug war is quite popular on both sides of the aisle, and "tough on crime" is generally associated with conservatives, not liberals.

At the end of the day, it's politicians looking to seize and exercise power--of whatever party, and for whatever cause--that causes a rift between the rulers and the ruled.

Oh I agree on the larger scale, but the left owns NYC lock, stock and barrel.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should also add- I have lots of friends that are cops. A couple of city cops, but mostly deputies. The problem is that the few bad ones you hear about and have encounters with make all the good ones, of which there are many, many more, look bad. As a citizen, when you see cherries and berries in your rearview, you don't know what you are going to get, a good one or a jerk jut looking to ruin your day. I couple of years ago, I got pulled over for 62 in a 45, coming into Guthrie on 33 from Stillwater. I had my radar detector running, which is a very high-end unit. It never went off, yet the guy claimed to have had me dead to rights for a 1/4 mile. I knew the judge wouldn't let me off, I just paid it, but it was completely bogus. On the other hand, I got pulled over for 50 in 35, and the officer thanked me for slowing down when I saw him and let me go with a warning. He could have ruined by day (I was at fault), but he was cool about it and just wanted to let me know that they were patrolling that area more because too many speeders had been coming through.

I have not been to NYC, I want to visit, and I will eventually. I don't think that most cops want to give out BS tax-collecting tickets, but there are plenty of high school bullies that became cops so they could continue being bullies that join the police force. Even the officers on this board would have to agree that this is a problem. In the case of Garner, he should not have been selling those cigarettes, but that is a victimless crime that hurts no one. The taxes had been paid for the cigarettes, this is literally a "law for the sake of a law", much like the recent proposed ban on wearing a hoodie while committing a crime. Just to add one more charge for the sake of adding a charge. It is ridiculous.

I think we are looking at an impending reset in the near future. Something is going to happen that changes everything, for the better or worse. It is very disconcerting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom