so where can one carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without a permit 100% of the places you go are off limits. With a permit only the listed places are off limits. I understand you don't like the limits that have been imposed but this state is better than most. If you don't like it you can always move. I lived in California for a short time and while there I obeyed the laws of that state. I did not like those laws and so I moved to where the laws were more to my line of thinking. If you find utopia let me know I would like to go there as well as most of the people here. But then it wouldn't be utopia anymore then would it.

I understand Oklahoma may be better than more liberal states, but I read the places you cannot carry and came to the conclusion you cannot carry hardly anywhere.

I am interested in the permit because I want to start hog hunting and was told by a few to have a backup weapon ready for closer encounters in the event a hog comes after you. I know rifles are allowed on wma land, but was not sure about handguns without a permit. That is the main reason I was considering the permit.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the places you cannot carry and came to the conclusion you cannot carry hardly anywhere.

Unless you teach elementary or secondary school, spend every evening in a bar, and live with a convicted felon on parole, this is probably a gross exaggeration for you.

And when applied to my lifestyle, it is an absurd statement. I spend very little time on base, or in the court house and post office.

You seriously need to read the SDA and hunting regs because most of what you are saying is not factual. Using an SDA concealed gun on hunted animals is only legal if the gun is already legal for hunting as listed in the hunting regs.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, perhaps my opening comments offended some resulting in the chastisement. I did not intend to come across as defiant. Anyway, when I first read the guidelines I guess I thought it meant no retail establishments or any other building. I have since learned that I jumped to the wrong conclusion on what I read.

Additionally, I never stated I would actually hunt as in have a handgun in the woods for the sole purpose of hunting. I was told that hunting hog can be dangerous and if u only wound d with a rifle they could come after you and was told by multiple folks to have a backup weapon handy.

victor152

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Getting a CCW is worth it. Not only from a concealed carry aspect. The rules for just transporting a weapon in your vehicle are less restrictive for a CCW holder. I don't find many businesses I can't carry in but I do live in a smaller town. Then there are those that say, concealed is concealed and what someone can't see doesn't affect them. Just be smart about it. My opinion is their are very few people out there that even have a clue as to what to look for to see if someone is carrying or not. Unless you have an accidental exposure, that is witnessed, no one will have a clue.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Additionally, I never stated I would actually hunt as in have a handgun in the woods for the sole purpose of hunting. I was told that hunting hog can be dangerous and if u only wound d with a rifle they could come after you and was told by multiple folks to have a backup weapon handy.

You don't seem to get it yet, so I'll try again.
I teach both Hunter Safety and the SDA class, just so you tend to believe me.

The hunting regulations have a section called "legal means of taking" which tells you what weapons are legal for hunting various game in various seasons.
Handguns are included, and they specify caliber.
It is illegal to shoot game with your SDA carry gun unless it meets the specifications in the hunting regs. as a legal hunting firearm.
I can legally carry my .38 snub by the SDA when hunting, but I can't use it to pop Bambi. Even using it to finish off a wounded animal is a game violation, since it is not a legal hunting gun.

If you want to hunt with a handgun that meets the requirements of the state hunting regs, then you can, and the SDA has nothing to do with it. Just carry it open while hunting, same as your rifle is open carried. Take both if you want.

The statement you made about needed to get an SDA license to hunt with a handgun is just plain wrong.

For a lot of other reasons involving personal protection, I have an SDA license.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you teach elementary or secondary school,

Or work on school property every day, I get a reserved parking spot as an United Way key club donor every year. I hardly ever use it, since I almost always have something in my truck in violation of board policy.

Dropping off and picking up kids at a school is legal while CCW, as long as you and the weapon do not leave the vehicle.

No running in to pick the kids up from after school activities if you have a weapon in the vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom