Son in laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This!!!! I remember when the soon to be SIL came sniffing, and really hoped the US Army would turn him around. Sorry that it didn't happen! Its to bad his attitude wasn't checked by his bunk mates while he was on active duty. I know I would have turned a blind eye to a well needed "blanket party"!! I hate to say it, but you may have to cut an run on this one.

Yeah, I sure thought the Army would man him up too. :grumble:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dont get the wrong idea, both of my girls brought home some real bums for awhile.
More than one loser got a private talk and told to just break up or I would do to them what they wanted to do with her. It worked.

They finally got serious when I told them not to bring another guy into my house that you wouldnt marry. A car, a job and a savings account became the standard. Shooting, hunting and fishing were a bonus.

Guess i got lucky.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED, I'm hoping you have a safe there at your place. With your genetic-defective son-in-law's track record, you never know what might end up missing and traded for the fix o' the day. ;-)

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang in there GED! Just got rid of my POS son-on-law . They were living next door to us in a hse we own. Killed him with kindness 'till my kid threw him out!!! Says she's learned her lesson, hope so. Grandkids are happier( he wasn't their dad) now that they hang out with PaPa after school
'till mom gets home from work. Work was foreign to this derelict! Took three years but he's gone!!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your daughter's spouse for 'em.

That's true to an extent. You can however, teach her to pick a spouse that will respect her and not tolerate being treated poorly. But that would be hard to do when you allow such behavior towards yourself as well.
"Well...all except for him. He lays on MY couch, eating MY food, drinking MY Mt. Dew, watching MY televison until about 4am."
It sounds like you are being an enabler and allowing this behavior to happen as well.

You are in a tough situation with a grandchild being involved, but there has to be a time you and your daughter get your "ducks in a row" and deal with this deadbeat piece of sh*@. I only pray it happens before he goes off into a drug induced stupor and does something that can't be undone. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers while you deal with this situation.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my MIL and FIL so much that I built a house big enough for them to have a suite. No kidding! They have one end, we have the other, kids in the middle and we share the common areas. I knew that we were going to take care of them when they got older, so we just made plans for it now rather than later. Of course, I did build a big enough shop building that I can get away from all of it if things get too crazy... It took some serious sacrifices initially and sometimes I have to settle for things that I normally would not, but when we make big decisions like furniture and such we all get an opportunity to convince the rest. Then we vote.

BTW, what is the difference between In-Laws and Outlaws?

Outlaws are wanted!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still looking to be a SIL someday. I worked during high school, I graduated college while working 40+hours a week. I can skin a buck and run a trotline. However, I hardly ever use a trotline, as I prefer the rod and reel angling for scaled fish.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My FIL is a major Douche if that counts for anything. He is a VP for the corp. he works for and loves showing off how much money he has. My wife and I have been married for 2 years together for 6. I have never been in his house or had a actual conversation with the man. His idea of show his love to my stepdaughters is to buy them anything and everything they want. My stepdaughters are 12 and 8 they both have Ipads, Ipod Touchs, Iphones, LapTops, Flat Screen TVs, Wii's, XBox 360's. Thats is one for each of them they dont share. This is just an example of the stuff he buys them. He spends an average of $1500 a piece for Christmas. It pisses me off and my wife wont tell him to stop. I understand he wants to by them some nice things but he goes way to far and they are going to expect this kind of stuff for the rest of their lives. My wife doesnt see anything wrong with it

Latest posts

Top Bottom