Spikes Tactical Launcher (37mm)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I picked up a Spikes Tactical 37mm Launcher a few weeks ago. I mounted it on the bottom rail of my AR! Its a blast so far! Without regestering it as a DD I can only shoot flares, smokes, and tear gas, but it is a fun play toy for the farm and makes for a blast! I will be using the flares in a control burn this febuary and the tear gas as varmint control in the barns and sheds. Fun stuff!

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am honestly not sure to tell the truth. I know it is highly illegal to make any anti personel rounds. It is illegal to shoot a 12ga buckshot shell so I would do checking before purchasing a behive

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can shot the .22 beehive can't you?

You cannot shoot .22 beehive or 12ga buck/bird shot legally unless you register your 37mm flare launcher as a Destructive Device (DD). The 37mm's are sold as flare launchers. If you shoot lethal rounds (and yes, the .22LR is considered a lethal round) you have to register the launcher as a DD. The reason it is a DD is because the bore is over .50" (12.7mm).

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/tag/22lr/
Bout the last item on the page. Looks legal....

The one they show is a 40mm Beehive (all 40mm's are DD's) not a 37mm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom