My new Spikes Tactical AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I got my Spikes ST LE15 carbine in and got it out to the range. Woohoo is she a comfortable shooter! She recoiles about as much as my AK74 with its big ole muzzle break. No sprong in my ear either. Needless to say I am a happy, happy man. It came with a PMAG and with the optional Samson BUIS, which is great. The whole kit came in at $817.00 with heavy, chrome lined 1:7 barrel, double heat shield handguards, M16 bolt and carrier, heavy ST2 buffer and spring, and midlength gas system. That with the Viking Tactics quick release two point sling, and the Blue Force Gear UWL (Universal Wire Loop) and it rounds out to $880. I plan on putting a MIAD or Tango Down Battlegrip on it soon since it comes plain with the standard A2 grip, which is okay but not very comfortable. I think the standard M4 adjustable buttstock in fine for now, very quiet and comfortable for my shooting style (nose to chargine handle), I will probably replace it at some point with an MOE Buttstock from Magpul. It will eventually sport a surefire on the front sight tower and an Aimpoint CompC3 on the rail. This is going to turn into one hell of a KISS carbine.
All in all I am very satisfied with this rifle. I haven't put it through its paces yet, only a few magazines, but I am going to try and head to a carbine class when money becomes available and will let you know how it does.
I am amazed that Spikes is able to put out such a quality product for such a competetive price. Everything is staked properly, they made sure and put the F marked front sight post, proper testing on the bolt carrier and barrel, and the good customer service has earned my loyalty. They also sent the rifle in a cardboard box (with a HUGE spider logo on it but otherwise unmarked) with foam padding, not the usual week old newspaper. It also came with a bright red T-Shirt that I can't wear anywhere because it has "Stay back 100 meters of you will be shot" on one of the sleeves in english AND arabic! There were like 5 or 6 stickers and a bright red velcro spider patch.
Again, I am very happy with this company and very happy with my carbine. I know its not a Noveske, but I would put this rifle on par with an LMT or Daniel Defense any day of the week.
Sorry, no pictures because I don't want to have to post pictures on another site just to post pics here, call me crazy but I don't want weapon pics and my personal info floating around everywhere:screwy:. Suffice to say that it is a typical midlength EBR with spiders EVERYWHERE (the bolt carrier, rear sight, underneath the rear sight, buttstock, AND the face of the buffer if you can believe it) and a multicam sling because I am a ninja :preocc:.

Let me also plug the Universal Wire Loop. I hate the standard sling mount on the barrel, it just doesn't work for me. So I took the UWL and put it in front of the D-Ring at the rear of the handguards. It was a little loose so I simply gave it a single twist and put a heavy duty cable tie through it so it would stay in front of the D-Ring and its worked perfectly as a non-standard mounting point right infront of the upper receiver without having to shell out for a rail. Its a really good piece of kit and I highly suggest it if you want alternative mounting options for your sling. Its worked great with my Viking Tactics 2-point, which is a great sling but its not quite as cleanly stiched as I would have liked (but at half the price of the Vickers Tactical 2-point that does the same thing, I can't really complain.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom