Sponsors and Sponsorships

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this a for-profit forum or not? That should be the first and most important question. Those prices look extremely high.

No they don't. In terms of targeted impressions, they cost pennies for each, even at the highest levels. Marketing is a big boy expense.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No they don't. In terms of targeted impressions, they cost pennies for each, even at the highest levels. Marketing is a big boy expense.
Well all I can say is I've set up a sponsorship system on another local forum and it was quite a bit different. I've also paid for sponsorship on forums before including ones much larger than this and it wasn't that high. And that was when the business targeted were operating a much larger profit margin than your typical FFL (which I believe would be the targeted sponsor here).

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems high to me also. Considering it is a state Level forum and the targeted sponsors are businesses whom cater to the hobbiest. As an hobbiest I am always looking for the best deal. I enjoy dealing with the sponsors here. They have always been great to me. However the lure of a great deal is what gets me in there door in the first place. For the most part we are cheap bastards. Maybe not so much when we are dealing in our favorite niche but on the consumables and any off the shelf gun that we can purchase thru any FFL we typically gravitate forwards the best value. (cheapest price)

This is especially true when you are dealing with a vendor that you have never used before. Once you have used them and feel happy with them as a vendor you will continue to use them. Once you have established them as a valued added vendor you no longer care about where they advertise. Truth be known I would rather be on the mailing list and get new sales or deals thru email.

Seems to pull the new buisiness to have to keep margins low. Hard to do when you would have to get 100 to 300 transfers from non repeat/ first time customers to justify the advertising. Just my opinion on the math. This is why I dont have a buisiness I can't make the math work in my head.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, the owner of this forum is free to charge what he feels is a fair price for sponsorships. It's up to the potential sponsors to determine if they can generate enough profit from each of you to justify the expense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom