sporting clays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, last Thursday I took part in a sporting clays shoot at Silver Leaf in Guthrie. It was a fund raiser for Youth For Christ. It was a really good time. I was thinking of trying a shoot of some sort as a fund raiser for my daughter's USA Swimming affiliated team.

The thought of some sort of shoot rather than a snooty golf tourney like everyone else does(sorry golfers...kinda).

Other than clays what oyher types of shooting events would make a good fund raiser? Do you think I could get a good draw?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know of anything in particular, but I think something in a partial to full day tournament setting would keep a persons attention better than getting up and shooting for 5 to 15 minutes and then sitting around waiting to see what happpens. Maybe like a tournament pistol shoot. I would do clays also though. That is a killer idea. I suck at golf. Every golf ball in my yard has .22 holes in it.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a blast. Shot 100 rounds at 17 stations. It took about 3.5 - 4 hours. I had an absolute blast. I don't even own a shotgun and used my friend's. After goose hunting for the first time this year and then shooting the clays last week, I've been shopping for shotguns online all day today.

I think it was probably a win for the organization as a fund raiser as well as a win for the sport. It got folks interested in clays to hear about the organization and folks like me who would've never thought of shooting clays to try it out. I can't wait to get a shotty and take my wife out there.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We do a sporting clays shoot as a fund raiser for my kids school and I'm in charge of the setting it up each year.. There's a guy from Tulsa who has all the throwers, equipment is first class and so is he. This will be our fourth year to have it this September, we usually clear about $8,000. It's a half day shoot, 100rds, and lunch. He can set up the course as easy or as hard you want. $40 for adults and $20 for kids under 18 with a hunter safety card and station sponsers are anywhere from $250-$1500. Can give you more info if you need it.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love the info Okie. I'll send you a PM. We were thinking Sept too since that's a lull time in the swimming schedule but since we're in Edmond I think we'd be drawing different people. I appreciate your offering some insight from your experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom