Spotting scope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the vortex nomad 20-60 for Christmas last year and I've also got an expensive zeiss had a few cheaper ones that were terrible and the I sold or traded them off. I have used the vortex to read ear tags on calving cows at around 400 yards. You can on a day with little mirage see .224 bullet holes in paper at 200 yds. Is it is good as the zeiss at low light or really overcast days absolutely not at 325-350 bucks is it an excellent value yes. I use a spotter a lot almost daily this time of year and for the money if I had to buy one I'd buy a vortex. My zeiss will still see lots of use shooting long range and hunting but if I didn't have the other one it would do most of what I need. and just buy once cry once and wait and spend a little more. The difference in say a 150 dollar one and a 350 dollar one are amazing and the difference in a a thousand dollar plus one will blow your mind. I've never looked through a konus so I can't weigh in on one but the compact Burris and a Simmons and the bushnell I had were junk compared to even the vortex.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up this Bushnell Sentry in 2011-- it has worked fine for me picking up groups at 100 yards, but I havn't attempted to view groups out past 100 with it. I've done some deer viewing with it about 1/2-3/4 mile out with no complaints, but then again ive ever looked thru any high end spotting scopes. my only complaint with it is the eye relief, or lack thereof, I have to get my eyeball all the way up against the eye lense to get a good sight picture. But not bad cosidering I picked it up for $80 during black friday..

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-sentry-18-36x50mm-water-proof-spotting-scope.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom