Spotting scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have a chance this year to go to Wyoming on a Deer and Antelope hunt and looking for a good spotting scope. I wanted the opinions of fellow hunters on what has worked for you. Looking at buying a Leupold Sequia. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Burris XTS 25/75 it is real compact,light weight.and crystal clear.I will be going to Wyoming this year for mule deer and will take the Burris along with a window clamp,then you can attach the clamp to your door window and glass the area from inside your truck.This seems to work great for me

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're definately going to want some quality glass up there for spotting goats, binos and spotting scope. IMO the Sequoia is a decent scope for the price, there are definately better, just depends on how much you have to put down for one.

I use a Burris XTS 25/75 it is real compact,light weight.and crystal clear.I will be going to Wyoming this year for mule deer and will take the Burris along with a window clamp,then you can attach the clamp to your door window and glass the area inside your truck.This seems to work great for me

Why would you glass the inside of your truck?:lmfao:

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know why I would want to do that.The word -from- was in my mind but never made it to my fat fingers.Any way I agree get the best optics your ( wife ) will let you get.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use a Burris XTS 25/75 it is real compact,light weight.and crystal clear.I will be going to Wyoming this year for mule deer and will take the Burris along with a window clamp,then you can attach the clamp to your door window and glass the area from inside your truck.This seems to work great for me

Thanks for the info on the Burris scope and I will check it out. I use a burris 3x9 on my AR and have had good results with it. One quick question though, How is this scope at the range?

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Burris all the time at the range,does great,very compact and light weight. If you do a back pack hunt and need to take it with you,no problems.The Leupold is good also.You can look at all kinds of spotting scopes at swfa.com.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use the Burris all the time at the range,does great,very compact and light weight. If you do a back pack hunt and need to take it with you,no problems.The Leupold is good also.You can look at all kinds of spotting scopes at swfa.com.

I will check swfa out. thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom