McAllister Controlled Deer Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going this weekend. It can be pretty darn hot the first w/e (disability hunt), but this w/e appears to be destined for unseasonably cool weather. Don't worry, I won't take all the B&C monsters.

Tip:​

Remember MCAAP is an Army base.
Do what the White hats suggest.
Be nice to hunters, volunteers and staff. The White Hats are volunteering (often 5 straight weekends) and they have to deal w/ some knuckleheads each week. This hunt is the best ODWC offers.
Do NOT take ammo on base.
Do NOT smoke / have a spark device in the hunt area.
Take a blind.
Take a doe (or pig) ASAP to secure a QP (Quality Pass) to bypass lottery next year.
Do NOT hike to the farthest point of your area. There are deer everywhere. BIG ones, too.
Do take toilet paper & water. It can be a long day.
Do NOT climb on bombs!
Drive the speed limit.
Do NOT get hissy if you don't get to put a pin on the exact spot you want to hunt. There are deer everywhere. BIG ones, too.
Use a harness if you get off the ground!
Expect a few BOOMS!
Do NOT sh*t yourself after the first bomb explodes. It was planned.
Follow the rules -->
DO NOT RUIN THIS HUNT FOR THE REST OF US!

Good luck and be safe ...
Awesome advice and spot on. Good to see you got drawn this year. I quit putting in for it as it was always miserably hot.
Wishing you good luck!

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going this weekend. It can be pretty darn hot the first w/e (disability hunt), but this w/e appears to be destined for unseasonably cool weather. Don't worry, I won't take all the B&C monsters.

Tip:​

Remember MCAAP is an Army base.
Do what the White hats suggest.
Be nice to hunters, volunteers and staff. The White Hats are volunteering (often 5 straight weekends) and they have to deal w/ some knuckleheads each week. This hunt is the best ODWC offers.
Do NOT take ammo on base.
Do NOT smoke / have a spark device in the hunt area.
Take a blind.
Take a doe (or pig) ASAP to secure a QP (Quality Pass) to bypass lottery next year.
Do NOT hike to the farthest point of your area. There are deer everywhere. BIG ones, too.
Do take toilet paper & water. It can be a long day.
Do NOT climb on bombs!
Drive the speed limit.
Do NOT get hissy if you don't get to put a pin on the exact spot you want to hunt. There are deer everywhere. BIG ones, too.
Use a harness if you get off the ground!
Expect a few BOOMS!
Do NOT sh*t yourself after the first bomb explodes. It was planned.
Follow the rules -->
DO NOT RUIN THIS HUNT FOR THE REST OF US!

Good luck and be safe ...
Good luck to ya!!! I hope a monster slips up and you run him through! I drew out for deer creek Nov 10-12.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hunting buddy won a Black Widow bow there and it is a beauty. He has been there hunting twice. He said a comfortable stool and a small piece of blind cloth, spray down with scent neutralizer, he also took some dominate buck scent in a small spray bottle that he said got 2 biģ bucks to cruise by but the thick brush gave no shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom