springfield 1911 45 GI MIL-SPEC,COMPAC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone Shot/touch Or Seen One Or Know A Place Thats Got One, If You Touched It "what Did You Think"??? I Would Love To Find One...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look nice. I have a 5" Mil Spec, but its the non GI model. Only difference between milspec and GI .45 is the GI.45 does not have the lowered and flared ejection port.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKN,WHERE DID YOU GET IT???

I got mine NIB off gunbroker about 8 years ago for a whopping $300.

I really wish I had bought more guns back before prices went up.

You might want to check H&H in OKC. I know they carry springfield, and I think I have seen some milspec and GI.45s in there.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who has one and he loves it. He let me handle it and carry it for a few days and it rides nicely in the waist. though compact 1911 are notoruious for feeding problems some can be fenicky eaters.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look nice. I have a 5" Mil Spec, but its the non GI model. Only difference between milspec and GI .45 is the GI.45 does not have the lowered and flared ejection port.

If it were me I'd definately get the milspec over the GI model. The opening up of ejction port is worth the money.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were me I'd definately get the milspec over the GI model. The opening up of ejction port is worth the money.

Exactly. I didnt mean for it to sound like I was downplaying the difference. If its basically the same gun, I'd go with the one that comes with the work I would pay a smitty to do to it anyway. ;)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Differences between GI and Milspec are functional changes. However, differences between Milspec and loaded are comfort/cosmetic changes. Milspec is the best bang for the buck.

Extractor can be rough, and may need a little filing or polishing to correct feed issues. This is common on most mass produced 1911s.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a springfield ultra compact that is a great pistol. Good for cc and it has fired hundreds of rounds flawlessly with minimal cleaning. Wouldn't trade it for nuttin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom