Springfield Arms XDM .40SW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone shot one of these. Any feedback. Looks like a really good .40 full size. High Capacity too. Any feedback on Springfield Arms Guns in general would be appreciated too. Never owned one. Look kinda pricey.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one briefly. Of all the XD's it's definitely better than the rest. But I decided it didn't give me any advantages over a Glock or M&P other than capacity, so I sold it.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I finished my concealed weapons course/tactical training with an XDM9 today. I was VERY impressed with it. I enjoyed having 19+1 rounds, It was EXTREMELY helpful to keep on shooting, shooting, and shooting more. The high capacity was a HUGE tactical advantage. I believe the capacity in the 40 is close to the same.

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought an XDM .40 as my first handgun, and I have to say that I have absolutely no complaints. My wife was able to pick it up, her first time shooting a semi auto handgun, and managed to nail the target dead center second shot. Very easy to shoot, good safety features, and out of 2000+ rounds, have not had a single misfire or weapon malfunction of any sort. Custom parts/accessories can be hard to find, but the market seems to be slowly coming around.

And no Tcox, I did not find this avatar because of yours... :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After years of owning Glocks, I'm selling my full sized glocks in favor of XDMs. They are just a better all around gun for home defense, better design for the .40 cal.... no frame flex.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine, I carried my sig 229 for awhile but switched to the xdm a few monthes ago so I could mount a light on it. I still carry the 229 or my LCr for ccw a lot of the time though. the xdm is a little harder to conceal without printing. I actually qualify with higher score with xdm than I ever did with sig, it's way easier for me to shoot.

Fog

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my XDm on recommendation from brother-in-law. Took my CCL with it. I like it because I shoot it as good or better than anything else I have shot. Find it very reliable.

jc0de

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not shot another brand but the Springfield xd is a very nice gun very accurate and ez to carry im buyin a tarus xd in a few buys and with give u some feedback about the comparison

Latest posts

Top Bottom