Springfield Hi-Power??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield Armory has an ad in one of the gun rags with a guy sitting at a workbench.
There's a digital clock showing the time as 19:35 and there's a picture of John Browning on the wall.
It says Coming Soon or something like that.

Internet is rife with speculation the company will announce a Browning High Power clone (or maybe they will be importing the Turkish or Hungarian made copies).
Anybody heard anything?

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get any gun rags, so I haven't seen it. I think a Hi-Power would be an odd offering considering all the clones already being made, but maybe they can bring something new to the table.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield Armory has an ad in one of the gun rags with a guy sitting at a workbench.
There's a digital clock showing the time as 19:35 and there's a picture of John Browning on the wall.
It says Coming Soon or something like that.

Internet is rife with speculation the company will announce a Browning High Power clone (or maybe they will be importing the Turkish or Hungarian made copies).
Anybody heard anything?
The FEG factory in Hungary was razed to the ground years ago, so it won't be a Hungarian made copy.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No mag safety = better trigger, 15 vs 13 rounds, recontoured hammer to minimize hammer bite and "improved" safety (whatever that means). Sounds good so far...though I've never really been a Hi power fan because of the mag safety and typically awful trigger.

It certainly has my interest. We'll see what detailed reviews say and what the street price comes out to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom