Springfield prodigy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 4-1/4, bought in January, finally fired in April and put 450 rounds through it. Only issue was 1 of the random reloads stovepiped. All the factory ammo (WW white box, forged, CCI Blazer) ran fine. I did apply Flitz and cycle the slide about 500 times to wear in the ceracote.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the 4'' version earlier this month.

As of late I just take a new gun and go to the range, in the past, I always cleaned them before going to the range. So I went to the range and it stove-piped, and jammed several times on 115 gr ammo. So I went home cleaned it, lubed it, and went out again and shot 124 gn, and 115 gn and no issues whatsoever.

Pros: Extremely accurate, fun to shoot. Great looking gun. Feels extremely durable

cons: I do not like the slide stop, or how the guiderode needs an Allen wrench. Though both can be easily fixed.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither... But I did buy something similar in style. The Kimber KDS9c in black. Outstanding gun and street price seems to be bit below the Prodigy. I'm a Kimber fan-boy anyway, but this is a really nice gun.

I also like the fact the Kimber weighs 25.3 oz. That's 7 oz less than the Prodigy. And you can get 'em in stainless or black.

Kimber keeps promising 18 round mags but haven't seen them yet.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Kimber fan as well. I haven't seen these in person, but the Springfield prodigy feels and looks great!

do you have both? how do they compare and contrast to each other?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to send in my 5 in to be fixed. It doesn’t like to chamber rounds. I’d spend more and just get a staccato.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to send in my 5 in to be fixed. It doesn’t like to chamber rounds. I’d spend more and just get a staccato.

From what I've seen and heard the 5" Prodigy pistols have often been prone to that for some reason. They seem to be more problematic than the 4" guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom