stainless Steel olympic bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is for the weight training fokes

The Bar: http://www.gtechfitness.com/gp-stainless-steel-super-power-bar-ob7-ss-spb.aspx

I bought this Stainless Steel Olympic bar from Gtech Fitness.
They have an Ivanko bar for $840, But the GP Industries bar had everything I wanted for less.
It has a tensile strength of 210,000 PSI, 28.5 mm grip, gun metal finish, meets I.P.F Specifications, center knurling, and it was only $499.

The customer service at Gtech is great. I originally placed my order online for a different GP Industries bar. I went to like them on facebook, and saw a post for a NEW GP Super Power Bar with a higher tensile strength. I called them up shortly after and they put a message on my account that I wanted to change bars. 7:30 that night they E-mailed me to tell me know it was taken care of.

I definitely recommend GTech Fitness if you haven't already bought from them.
Video Review and video of me using doing
Bench Press: 225 x 3, 275 x 1, 315 x 1
Dead Lift: 315 x 3, 405 x 1, 455 x 1
Squat: 225 x 3, 275 x 1, 315 x 1

Last edited by a moderator:

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was this comment really necessary??

I didn't mean it in a bad way.

I didn't see a video, some vid doesn't show up on my phone. If he was just giving the info as to what was on the video then I get it. I didn't see a video so I took it he was putting out as his personal max. For a guy as strong as him the numbers seemed odd. Just asking, could have been a typo. Could have bad knees, hip, back, feet etc.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That bar is pretty, and pretty dang expensive. There's just something about a chalk caked, rust blued bar. I rub my heavy/ floor bar with Phosphoric acid metal prep once in a great while to control the corrosion (Gym in the barn. Humid/hot/cold).

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That bar is pretty, and pretty dang expensive. There's just something about a chalk caked, rust blued bar. I rub my heavy/ floor bar with Phosphoric acid metal prep once in a great while to control the corrosion (Gym in the barn. Humid/hot/cold).

I was going to Blue my old bar but I never had a new bar. I wanted an all new quality bar, I had no idea who made my old ones.

I guess I like things to look nice and squared away. I could lift with mismatched rusted plates, sure they get the job done but i'm a little OCD i guess.

Deacon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I love some Ivanko stuff but I can't do the price.

I didn't mean it in a bad way.

I didn't see a video, some vid doesn't show up on my phone. If he was just giving the info as to what was on the video then I get it. I didn't see a video so I took it he was putting out as his personal max. For a guy as strong as him the numbers seemed odd. Just asking, could have been a typo. Could have bad knees, hip, back, feet etc.
My numbers look very similar. It's funny how people's numbers vary by personal physiology. My squat is in the low 3's but can DL low 5's I have a friend that benches 365 for reps but struggles with a 2 plate DL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom