Stallone: 'Being in Oklahoma has prepared me for a lifetime in hell if I got sent there'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
92A11722-2FB9-4390-811E-1295D4BD699B.jpeg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Stallone ain't the only one to make a joke about it, I first saw this years ago:

ODE TO OKLAHOMA

The devil wanted a place on earth
Sort of a summer home
A place to spend his vacation
Whenever he wanted to roam.
So he picked out Oklahoma
A place both wretched and rough
Where the climate was to his liking
And the cowboys hardened and tough.
He dried up the streams in the canyons
And ordered no rain to fall
He dried up the lakes in the valleys
Then baked and scorched it all.
Then over his barren country
He transplanted shrubs from hell.
The cactus, thistle and prickly pear
The climate suited them well.
Now the home was much to his liking
But animal life, he had none.
So he created crawling creatures
That all mankind would shun.
First he made the rattlesnake
With its forked poisonous tongue.
Taught it to strike and rattle
And how to swallow its young.
Then he made scorpions and lizards
And the ugly old horned toad.
He placed spiders of every description
Under rocks by the side of the road.
Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter,
Hotter and hotter still.
Until even the cactus wilted
And the old horned lizard took ill.
Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom
As any creator would
He chuckled a little up his sleeve
And admitted that it was good.
'Twas summer now and Satan lay
By a prickly pear to rest.
The sweat rolled off his swarthy brow
So he took off his coat and vest.
"By Golly," he finally panted,
"I did my job too well,
I'm going back to where I came from,
Because Oklahoma is hotter than Hell."

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if you’re liberal, conservative, or moderate. Any of the three will all tell you that he’s a terrible actor and that his movies suck. The demographic that his movies are marketed to has an average IQ that doesn’t go much higher than their average shoe size. No one should be too offended about what this ass clown says anyway, he’s washed-up and irrelevant these days. Anyone who truly values his opinion is probably dumber than he is.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if you’re liberal, conservative, or moderate. Any of the three will all tell you that he’s a terrible actor and that his movies suck. The demographic that his movies are marketed to has an average IQ that doesn’t go much higher than their average shoe size. No one should be too offended about what this ass clown says anyway, he’s washed-up and irrelevant these days. Anyone who truly values his opinion is probably dumber than he is.

True. If you've seen the original Rocky movie then you've seen everything he has to offer, entertainment-wise. When you watch him "acting" you are seeing Sylvester Stallone dressed up in his Halloween costume du jour ...

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
90% of celebrities are douchebags, but I still enjoy some celeb's work. Sadly, I quit being a fan of Stallone when he made those two disaster movies Rhinestone and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!

Of course, they all do. I mean, look at Arnold. He made both Twins and Junior and don't forget that trainwreck Jingle All the Way.

I suppose ever tough guy feels like he needs to make a kiddie movie to prove he's not just an animal, hell, I dunno. But yeah...Rambo can go screw.
The Expendables I II III are really good action flicks. If you haven’t seen them you should. Harkens back to the 80s 90s action. Has most all of the action hero’s from back then also. I only bring this up because you said you quit watching them a while back I figured you might not have seen them

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[Begin quote]
Oklahoma seemed to make a good first impression on actor Sylvester Stallone.

“I’m here in the Paris of the Southwest, called Oklahoma,” Stallone said when landing in the state earlier this year to film the upcoming series Tulsa King. “I like it, seriously.”

But now a few months later, shooting in the intense summertime heat of the Sooner State appears to have gotten to the 76-year-old actor. Oklahoma City alone has seen over a dozen days in July with a daily high of 100 degrees or more.

"Being in Oklahoma has definitely prepared me for a lifetime in hell if I ever got sent there," Stallone wrote on Instagram in response to a reply from Andrew Dice Clay.

Fans on Instagram stayed positive and hope Stallone enjoys his time in Oklahoma.

"Other than the heat, we all hope you enjoy it here," one fan said in response to Stallone. "The people are cool and there’s always something to do."

Another fan said: "Unfortunately, you managed to catch the hottest summer we've had here in a while."

Stallone has filmed Tulsa King in and around Oklahoma City along with the Tulsa area. He's taken in various local sites such as Cattlemen's Steakhouse and the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum while in the state.

https://ktul.com/news/local/sylvest...onal-cowboy-western-heritage-andrew-dice-clay
He can now go home and he will find the same place he left also in high Temps!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
90% of celebrities are douchebags, but I still enjoy some celeb's work. Sadly, I quit being a fan of Stallone when he made those two disaster movies Rhinestone and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!

Of course, they all do. I mean, look at Arnold. He made both Twins and Junior and don't forget that trainwreck Jingle All the Way.

I suppose ever tough guy feels like he needs to make a kiddie movie to prove he's not just an animal, hell, I dunno. But yeah...Rambo can go screw.
I like jingle all the way. Sure it’s cheesy but I like holiday movies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom