Statesville, NC is suing an RV retailer over its ‘gigantic’ American flag. They won't take it down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the rational for requiring a permit to fly the American flag?

That's about the first thing that came to my mind as well. I think that Lemonis sums it up pretty well:

..."Lemonis' position is simple, he said: As long as the American flag isn’t creating a safety hazard or interfering with airspace, there shouldn’t be a limit on its display size. He says that position is specific to the American flag."...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has since come to my attention, after posting the above, that Marcus Lemonis is a "jackwagon" and has TDS:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/20040/major-nascar-sponsor-tells-trump-supporters-shop-joseph-curl
BACKFIRE: Major NASCAR Sponsor Tells Trump Supporters To Shop Elsewhere — Racing Legend Vows To Cancel $150,000 Order
By Joseph Curl
August 22, 2017

AND

https://www.dailywire.com/news/20164/insults-followed-lies-camping-worlds-marcus-john-nolte
Insults Followed By Lies: Camping World's Marcus Lemonis Is the Dumbest CEO Ever
By John Nolte @NolteNC
August 24, 2017

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has since come to my attention, after posting the above, that Marcus Lemonis is a "jackwagon" and has TDS:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/20040/major-nascar-sponsor-tells-trump-supporters-shop-joseph-curl
BACKFIRE: Major NASCAR Sponsor Tells Trump Supporters To Shop Elsewhere — Racing Legend Vows To Cancel $150,000 Order
By Joseph Curl
August 22, 2017

AND

https://www.dailywire.com/news/20164/insults-followed-lies-camping-worlds-marcus-john-nolte
Insults Followed By Lies: Camping World's Marcus Lemonis Is the Dumbest CEO Ever
By John Nolte @NolteNC
August 24, 2017

haha. so does this mean we are supposed to stop supporting him? But it's the flag, man. THE FLAG. This is so confusing.

On the one hand it's Ol' Glory, on the other hand it's someone who doesn't support our dear leader. What to do.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s about as stupid as the the suit over the cross that was in the Edmond City Seal. “Separation of Church and State” was the issue IIRC. Yet most court rooms I’ve been in still have a Bible to Swear the oath upon and a sign that says “In God We Trust”.

The people voiced their opinion after the loss of the case by erecting the biggest cross I’ve ever seen right beside the church on I-35.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It’s about as stupid as the the suit over the cross that was in the Edmond City Seal. “Separation of Church and State” was the issue IIRC. Yet most court rooms I’ve been in still have a Bible to Swear the oath upon and a sign that says “In God We Trust”.

The people voiced their opinion after the loss of the case by erecting the biggest cross I’ve ever seen right beside the church on I-35.
I heard the lawyer that won that case had one of the old signs with the cross on it hanging in his office.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to that linked article in Ruger's post, the author of that piece is a bit wrong. Where he stated that RV'ers were "right leaning," I can say with a fair amount of truth that there are also left-leaning RV'ers as well.

sounds kinda like gun owners and any myriad of other groups

Latest posts

Top Bottom