Steel Target Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for all th info guys, really glad to hear it as i was unaware of bouncebacks and such, i guees i'll just have to use this target for pistol shooting (on the undented sude of course) I like the design of my targetm but i noticed alot of you are talkin about puttng some angle on it, my target is the swingin type, the wat i have it is a couple of big nuts, welded to my plates on a horizontal piece of rebar, so they swing, does this type of target need angle as well?

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR500 1/2" plate and the only problem you will have is keeping the welds to stay intact. Give them a slight downward angle so the bullets don't hit flat and your golden. Probably the hardest thing I have seen on steel targets are rounds like the 22-250, 220 Swift they tend to punch little holes, it's a velocity issue hitting a very small point on the target.

FMJ stuff is normally ok but not a great fan of it hitting plates in 22 cal.

Anything with a penetrator in it well you do the math LOL

We don;t shoot rifles at ranges closer than 300 yards due to well it's steel and that lead hurts when it hit ya coming back from a bounce off. Pistol stuff uses a different material can't recall off the top of my head but it's not as hard some stupid reason and dont quote me but I'm thinking 1018. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom