Stinky gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stinky grip has beaten me. I ordered a new grip from Ruger. On another note, has anyone ever seen the internals of a revolver gummed up with tar and nicotine? While I had the grips off, I went ahead and open the gun up to check the internals. There was some stinky, stanky, funky goo that covered everything. Kind of reminded me of a foul cosmoline. Blasted it all clean with carburetor cleaner.

Finally,

Everyone kept going on about the funk OF the rubber. Nothing about the sweat, oil, smoke, nicotine funk that was permeated into the internal workings of the gun.

My guess, this piece was carried extensively, shot rarely, cleaned never.

Clean the internals, new grips, should be good to go.

Good luck

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally,

Everyone kept going on about the funk OF the rubber. Nothing about the sweat, oil, smoke, nicotine funk that was permeated into the internal workings of the gun.

My guess, this piece was carried extensively, shot rarely, cleaned never.

Clean the internals, new grips, should be good to go.

Good luck
TURKEY! Glad to see you back.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TURKEY! Glad to see you back.
Hanging in

Getting better, slowly.

If I can make the corner and get off this O2 concentrator, I will feel like I am well on the road to a full recovery.

As is, I'm moving about the house, fairly well. Legs are a bit weak, but not wobbly walking. My knees are shot. Dr told me, 3 years ago, I was getting close to needing knee replacement. I am feeling it, now.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hanging in

Getting better, slowly.

If I can make the corner and get off this O2 concentrator, I will feel like I am well on the road to a full recovery.

As is, I'm moving about the house, fairly well. Legs are a bit weak, but not wobbly walking. My knees are shot. Dr told me, 3 years ago, I was getting close to needing knee replacement. I am feeling it, now.
I hear you. I would love to get off mine too. The feeling of freedom I get when I can go a few minutes without it are joy, pure and simple. I found if sitting at my desk reading or something I can go maybe 30 minutes without it. Only if I get up and start walking do I need to put it back on.

If it starts drying you out and making your nose bleed, tell them you need a humidifier bottle and a water trap. The bottle really helps but if you do not have the trap it can try to send water up your nose. On the bad side the trap can make you try to do the splits if you step on it. I cheated and instead of putting it between the green tubing and cannula, I bought some clear tubing at Westlake and put it between the concentrator and green tubing.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the first week in the hospital complaining, they put the bubble in line and gave me nasal spray. Claimed, they were trying to keep moisture out my lungs.

Have it on the o2 concentrator at home.

Finally got long enough hose, I got to sleep in bed, last night. It was restless. 1st time in 5 weeks in a flat bed. But, better than being in chair.

The house around the house is a bit inconvenient, but I can deal with it.

Dragging the bottle to the car, going anyplace, is a royal PITA.

Good for you to get off at times. Helps your lungs, plus you really need that bit freedom

Latest posts

Top Bottom