stipple for competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
backstrap of the 4th pic, with the frame of the 5th. Might not match, but its the best Ive found.
That backstrap is the one Phil Strader uses.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in IDPA - I think your M&P is classified for SSP (double action, double action only, or safe action, example Glocks). If you 'stiple' you wil move to Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP-single action pistols) and run with 1911s.

You can use grip tape and stay in SSP and run with glocks and similar guns.

in SSP, you have safe action which is described as when the trigger is pulled, the striker is cocked and then released to strike the cartridge (primer). so a longer trigger pull than a 1911 and thus conceiveably slower.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
for IDPA, the backstrap can be stippled, but not the frame.

As for shooting an M&P with the 1911's in ESP; I have a little thing on the wall that says 2010 IDPA nationals, 3rd Expert, ESP division

My little 4.25" M&P nine beat a whole lot of 1911's and 5" M&P's.

Ill never shoot ssp with a bare frame or even grip tape; its plenty competitive in esp.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for IDPA, the backstrap can be stippled, but not the frame.

As for shooting an M&P with the 1911's in ESP; I have a little thing on the wall that says 2010 IDPA nationals, 3rd Expert, ESP division

My little 4.25" M&P nine beat a whole lot of 1911's and 5" M&P's.

Ill never shoot ssp with a bare frame or even grip tape; its plenty competitive in esp.

nice all shooter skill....And this 4.25" is stippled? do you have a pic of which grip you used? or was it one that you mentioned in my first msg with the vertical lines on the backstrap?

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was referring to an entirely different forum. Mikey PM me on this forum, or the other one, and if you are going to be at a match I am at, you are welcome to handle a couple of the guns mike has done for me and compare stippling styles and see what you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom