Stockman of Texas Threatens to Impeach Obama over Executive Orders for Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like people from the middle of the country don't even speak the same language as people in the northeast or California. We have such different mentalities. They can't see why we even want to own guns and we can't see any way that we would go without. They trust govt. to make their lives better and we tend to treat the govt. with great skepticism. If O attempts EO action to circumvent the constitution, I don't see many in congress or the various states going along with it. States rights need to be exercised more and more or this country is lost.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like people from the middle of the country don't even speak the same language as people in the northeast or California. We have such different mentalities. They can't see why we even want to own guns and we can't see any way that we would go without. They trust govt. to make their lives better and we tend to treat the govt. with great skepticism. If O attempts EO action to circumvent the constitution, I don't see many in congress or the various states going along with it. States rights need to be exercised more and more or this country is lost.

I'm all for what the country seems to want. They've shown that with their wallets lately. However, history dictates that state rights went the way of the dodo bird in the 1860s.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for what the country seems to want. They've shown that with their wallets lately. However, history dictates that state rights went the way of the dodo bird in the 1860s.

A bit ironic that the separatists in the 1860s stemmed from suppressing civil rights while a future separatist movement would be to protect those civil rights from an out of control govt.

I don't want this thread to delve into stupid civil war talk because we aren't there yet. Just disillusioned with the direction of our country and it doesn't look like it is going to change for the positive any time soon. In fact, it looks like darker days ahead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom