Stolen Valor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1965 to 1969, I was in college, and working 40+ hours a week. Military service never crossed my mind. After graduation, I was hired by Johnson & Johnson. They hired two graduates that year, and shortly after we started, the other fellow was drafted. The Purchasing Manager was a Major in the Reserves, and they rushed me into that unit. Following Basic, the only action I saw, other than training, was some good parties during summer camp, and some rough volleyball games.

By definition, I am a veteran. However, I would never claim that honor. I lost two very good friends during that time.

Those who have served deserve my respect, and this one of the ways I recognize what they, and many of you, have done for me and my family.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1965 to 1969, I was in college, and working 40+ hours a week. Military service never crossed my mind. After graduation, I was hired by Johnson & Johnson. They hired two graduates that year, and shortly after we started, the other fellow was drafted. The Purchasing Manager was a Major in the Reserves, and they rushed me into that unit. Following Basic, the only action I saw, other than training, was some good parties during summer camp, and some rough volleyball games.

By definition, I am a veteran. However, I would never claim that honor. I lost two very good friends during that time.

Those who have served deserve my respect, and this one of the ways I recognize what they, and many of you, have done for me and my family.

Well said. USCG here and I have to admit the closest I got to action while in the service was a bar room brawl in Honolulu. The old Hubba Hubba Club could be rough some nights.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

By definition, I am a veteran. However, I would never claim that honor. I lost two very good friends during that time. Thank you for your service.

Nah, you're a vet just like the rest. Just not a war vet. Claiming as much isn't wrong.

S4F is talking about those who never served or those who served and, for some reason, choose to embellish the facts surrounding their service...not realizing that it's unnecessary and taints an otherwise honorable story.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, you're a vet just like the rest. Just not a war vet. Claiming as much isn't wrong.

S4F is talking about those who never served or those who served and, for some reason, choose to embellish the facts surrounding their service...not realizing that it's unnecessary and taints an otherwise honorable story.

This.

I have a cousin who is a lifer in the Army and he posted some examples of stolen valor on his Facebook page and as I was reading the comments of his brothers it prompted me to post this thread.

Everyone of you who served is a veteran and deserves to be recognized for your service.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone on this very forum that has made claims about his service, yet has gone unnoticed by many. Forgetting times, places and dates is one thing...making **** up is whole 'nutha animal.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had more than a few over the years. One even managed to change his user name after getting called out...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone on this very forum that has made claims about his service, yet has gone unnoticed by many. Forgetting times, places and dates is one thing...making **** up is whole 'nutha animal.

THAT would be Stolen Valor! and 'someone' is very absent from this thread. The ONLY thread, 'someone' is absent from.
That same 'someone' is being investigated by The Stolen Valor Society and is on their top 25 posers list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom