Strange question on a Springfield 87A.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info RickN, the stock looks like an improvement over the old. Have you ever run across a T mount for a scope, open sights don't work well for me anymore and your right they are pretty dang accurate.

If you mean a top mount, not for an 87A. I did pick up a side mount and rings from Midway for mine that I will install once everything else is complete. It was already drilled and tapped for it and yours may be too.

If you decide to do it, you want the Weaver #2 side mount base or 48402. It will direct you to the correct rings.

Thanks Traxxis.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost done with it. I just need to get a sling installed.

Stock came out pretty decent except for a couple of small places where I screwed it up. I also tried my first Duracoat job on it using the little aerosol spray kit you can buy. It came out pretty crappy with runs and drips. The little sprayer was spitting and not giving an even pattern. I could have done better with a can of spray paint.

If you are going to Duracoat a firearm yourself instead of having it done by a pro, skip the aerosol sprayer and spend the money on a good airbrush rig.

The scope is an old 3x9 Tasco I had laying around. All in all I feel it did not come out to bad for the first refinish I have done in over 20 years. Could have been better but could have been worse.

ai913.photobucket.com_albums_ac338_RickN1_photos_guns_87_9.jpg

ai913.photobucket.com_albums_ac338_RickN1_photos_guns_87_8.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom