Streamlight TLR 1 vs. Surefire X300

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREGO

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the market for a pistol mounted light, and have narrowed it down to the two mentioned above.

Are both brands comparable in terms of quality and construction?

The TLR I want is the newer TLR 1s (s)=strobe function...which has the 160 lumen C4 LED. The Surefire X300 has a 110 lumen LED, but from what I gather based on its internal reflector design etc...it has better "throw", which essentially means it may cut through the darkness of night better, which may give it better penetration through the darkness for outdoor usage, and the TLR 1s may have a little bit less of a tighter beam, giving it better "spill" which equals better peripheral lighting...more suited for indoor usage.

Anyone own and/or use both? please share any knowledge and experiences

Thanks a bunch.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only compare my Strion LED to some of the Surefires that others here carry. Mine is quite a bit brighter and throws the light very well. It has the same features and C4 LED as the TLR1. I don't know what model they're carrying, but the beam on theirs looks yellow compared to mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom