Stuck between a rock and a hard place!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy Fella's,
As I might of told you all here back in Jan. I was at a Tulsa gun show and bought a XD in 45 and I just love it!!! The day I bought it I called a friend and sold him my Old Colt 1911A1, I hadn't shot it for 5 years or so because I bought a Colt Officers Model in 45acp and rely like shooting it! After a couple weeks I just felt funny not having my full size 1911, I have owned a full size 1911 since 1974! I was set at a gun show here a month ago and just happen to trade for a Kimber 1911, I have wanted a Kimber for ever but never could just go buy one, but I got lucky and did a trade! After the weekend I went out to shoot the Kimber and I shot a foot low had my bother in law shoot it and he shot it low!!! I ended up putting on a AWESOME set of sightes!!
WOW, what a difference that made!! So I took the Kimber and the XD45 to the range and now I can't let either one go!! I forgot to tell you all the Kimber is a Double Stack.
So if you all were in my shoes which one would you keep?
Thanks for your time.
Ace

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hopeing you all would see it the way I was seeing it and that is Keep Both!!! I just thought I would never like a polymer frame, but I fell in love with my XD and the Kimber being a Polymer custom I had second thoughts when it shot low. Has anyone used the Crimson Lazers that replace the barrel guide rod???? I don't need them for target shooting but for home defense I like the set I have on my Officer model!
Thanks!
Ace

918akabickle

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was hopeing you all would see it the way I was seeing it and that is Keep Both!!! I just thought I would never like a polymer frame, but I fell in love with my XD and the Kimber being a Polymer custom I had second thoughts when it shot low. Has anyone used the Crimson Lazers that replace the barrel guide rod???? I don't need them for target shooting but for home defense I like the set I have on my Officer model!
Thanks!
Ace

Great minds think alike

Latest posts

Top Bottom