Stupid, petty, vain, greedy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only leverage they have is to **** with the livelihoods of their own countrymen when its really their fault for not being a better party with better ideas and for losing two elections to a half black man with a foreign name in America. Bunch of sore losers.

Actually it is more a case of sore winners throwing a tantrum because the GOP is trying to use the normal political process to reach a compromise. Remember the GOP was shut out of the process when Obamacare was being written and now that they have a chance to fix some things in it the Dems are having a fit.

On a side note, your racism is showing a bit.

For those of you who do not follow politics that closely, the three measure yesterday were brought up under rules requiring a 2/3rds majority so that the Dems in the House had a chance to show they were doing more then playing politics. The measures failed on a pretty party line vote with almost all Dems voting not to fund the vets, parks, or DC. They will be brought up again on a simple majority vote, that way the people can see the Dems in the Senate vote not to fund them or Obama veto them.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...-government-shutdown-20131001,0,1622809.story

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, except for the honest ppl that aren't getting paid. But overall I agree with ya.

I do have to admit, there are some lazy ass civil service workers out there. Prolly need a vacation and wake up call to set 'em straight.

Let's face it ... Lazy people have taken over the world. Try getting decent service ANYWHERE anymore ... :( It's pretty sad when you get someone who actually does their job and you are SURPRISED by it ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In addition, I noticed a poll on Huffpo (of all places) where even 51% of the Huffpo readers thought that the Democrats deserved more blame for the shutdown and gridlock than what did for the Republicans. When the Huffpo readers start turning, things are bad for those leaning left.

I think you're imagining things.

Heh....I had the same thought at first. My first thought was "NO WAY!!!" I had to read it a second time before I began to think that, just maybe, some of the Huffpo Dems were showing some sense at last.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's face it ... Lazy people have taken over the world. Try getting decent service ANYWHERE anymore ... :( It's pretty sad when you get someone who actually does their job and you are SURPRISED by it ...

agreed 100% My own observations have led me to the conclusion that there are fewer "enjoyable/fun" jobs out there, not many look forward to going to work anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only leverage they have is to **** with the livelihoods of their own countrymen when its really their fault for not being a better party with better ideas and for losing two elections to a half black man with a foreign name in America. Bunch of sore losers.

Just out of curiosity, what ideas of the Democrats have really been better? Over the years the conservatives/Republicans have introduced the idea of school vouchers and in the states where they have been initiated, they have been successful and popular with the populace. The Dems are so beholden to the philosophy of the teacher's unions that they are always against the idea, and Obama even worked to cancel a popular voucher program in D.C. when he took office.

The voucher programs are not the only ideas that the Republicans have had, but I've seen very few new ideas from Democrats except to discover ways to tax more and give it away to get more votes. Where are the Dem's ideas for improving the country? It sure isn't Obamacare.

And, if one looks to see who is really throwing the roadblocks up in the budget debates and continuing resolution fights, one would understand that it is the Dems that are not adhering to what the populace want. If anyone should be blamed, it is the Dems. The Republicans are at least trying to adhere to the wishes of the populace. I won't say I always agree with what the Republicans do, but at least right now, they are doing the right thing.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what ideas of the Democrats have really been better? Over the years the conservatives/Republicans have introduced the idea of school vouchers and in the states where they have been initiated, they have been successful and popular with the populace. The Dems are so beholden to the philosophy of the teacher's unions that they are always against the idea, and Obama even worked to cancel a popular voucher program in D.C. when he took office.

The voucher programs are not the only ideas that the Republicans have had, but I've seen very few new ideas from Democrats except to discover ways to tax more and give it away to get more votes. Where are the Dem's ideas for improving the country? It sure isn't Obamacare.

And, if one looks to see who is really throwing the roadblocks up in the budget debates and continuing resolution fights, one would understand that it is the Dems that are not adhering to what the populace want. If anyone should be blamed, it is the Dems. The Republicans are at least trying to adhere to the wishes of the populace. I won't say I always agree with what the Republicans do, but at least right now, they are doing the right thing.

Well said and if the day ever comes where you agree with everything ANY politicians do, check yourself into the nearest mental hospital. :D

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My own observations have led me to the conclusion that there are fewer "enjoyable/fun" jobs out there...
Who ever said a job was supposed to be either enjoyable or fun? A job (i.e. work) is what you do the pay for the other stuff that is enjoyable or fun. Should you happen to find one that you also enjoy or have fun at that's great, but it shouldn't be a requirement for taking a job instead of - well - "not".

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who ever said a job was supposed to be either enjoyable or fun? A job (i.e. work) is what you do the pay for the other stuff that is enjoyable or fun. Should you happen to find one that you also enjoy or have fun at that's great, but it shouldn't be a requirement for taking a job instead of - well - "not".

I agree 100%. I work 60ish hours a week at a job I hate, with people I despise, because it pays well. We weren't really talking about whether or not to take the job, we were discussing why people don't put in 100%.

Latest posts

Top Bottom