Suggest an exotic meat for smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not see anything wrong with eating dog.

Me niether if you get right down to it. Maybe it's Xenophobia on my part, which should be welcome enough around here. I can't make judgements about what people in other cultures eat. People are hungry and dogs are animals. Still....

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waaay back in college, I had a couple of science and chemistry classes with a very attractive Korean lady. Well, she was single and so was I. So to make a long story short, she would fix a traditional Korean meal for me once to twice a month.

What I can remember...the chicken feet were okay, shark, different noodles and soup, some sort of tripe dish, plus many others. I didn't have any objections...even cuttle fish was very good...mmmm, mmmm.

But when she mentioned dog, as in human consumption...uh, ummm, NO!!! Especially puppy!! I don't know if she was going to bring it in from Korea or find the meat here in the U.S....either way...count me out.

And that boys and girls was the beginning of the end of Cohiba's relationship with her!!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people in America get squeemish when you suggest eating cute animals. But you suggest something ugly, it's all good. Bison, Cow, it's cool. Horse or Dog, now way bro. Me, as long as it tastes good and doesn't make me sick.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people in America get squeemish when you suggest eating cute animals. But you suggest something ugly, it's all good. Bison, Cow, it's cool. Horse or Dog, now way bro. Me, as long as it tastes good and doesn't make me sick.

Bison are cute as hell, but they're even more delicious!

I'm a little offended by seeing dogs on meat hooks, but I understand that to other cultures, some of the things we eat are offensive (and I'm not even talking about GMOs and artificial preservatives!). So, I have to accept the fact that it goes on whether or not I see the picture.

Cohiba, I've had shark before, but I was a kid. I remember liking it, but don't recall the texture or flavor. I think the leading suggestion so far is a boar shoulder. I'll need to look into the best way to prepare and smoke these, but if it's done exactly like a regular pork shoulder, I'm good to go!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How does a local butcher or meat shop obtain wild boar, and what makes it "wild"? Are there "wild boar" game farms just like elk herds that are raised for meat? Just curious.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does a local butcher or meat shop obtain wild boar, and what makes it "wild"? Are there "wild boar" game farms just like elk herds that are raised for meat? Just curious.

I was curious about how they obtain their wild game, too. I don't know the laws surrounding hunting, meat, and selling hunted meat, but I didn't think hunters could donate or sell their meat to a butcher for sale to the public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom