Suggestions for XD IWB holster???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a IWB for my XD. i swear i have looked at them all, but looking only does so much. so i was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions that they use with their XD, full size or sub it does not matter. pics would help if possible. thanks

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own 3 different IWB's for my xd9 service. I have the crossbreed(wearing it right now), the Comp-tac Minotaur(currently using for my M&P 45), and a Galco Skyops(haven't used it yet).

Skyops
[Broken External Image]
This is all leather, would collapse once drawn from. bought to wear with suits. it is tuckable

Crossbreed Supertuck
[Broken External Image]
This is the most comfortable. Also tuckable and has a great draw and reholster. Mine has the combat cut that I made on it myself.

Comp-tac Minotaur
[Broken External Image]
This is also a great holster. You can change out the kydex for other pistols, the rivets on the back are covered by leather, and it has a good draw and reholster. Also has retention screws to adjust the tension. I currently carry my M&P 45 in this one, but have the kydex for my xd and they are very easy to swap out.

If you want versatility I would go with the Comp-tac. If you want the most comfort I would go with the crossbreed. If you want just an all around great holster; it would be a toss up between the two.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will also add that as far as tuckable goes, the Comp-tac blends the best. I dont like retention screws on the comp-tac belt clips. The extra material on the belt clips can tend to be uncomfortable sometimes.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will also add that as far as tuckable goes, the Comp-tac blends the best. I dont like retention screws on the comp-tac belt clips. The extra material on the belt clips can tend to be uncomfortable sometimes.

Cut them off, I did and it makes a world of difference.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think i am sold on the crossbreed it looks really comfortable especially with a service size pistol, which i have. you guys have been alot of help

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The supertuck would be great for the G27 being as small as it is. they also have the G27 listed for the quick clip as well. might loook at the c-tac too but i found the adjustments on my supertuck got the grip just above my waist band very comfortably. also i have the combat cut option for it as well. i can do stuff all day with the kids and not have any issues with it. rides at 4 o'clock.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Crossbreeds. Have one for my XD 45 Compact (and every other pistol I carry). The Comp Tac looks good; I almost ordered one last time, just to see. But in the end, I went with something I know works for me and ordered another Crossbreed. This time, I also ordered one of their belts. It's really stiff, and it does make it even easier to carry anything up to a fullsize.

I do have the Galco Skyops as well, and I can't say I love it. Really difficult to put on, access is slow (but it is deep concealment) and re-holstering is nearly impossible. It is only suitable for small (3" barrel) pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom