Summer classes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your opinion of them. I'm debating on taking calc 1 this summer. It is an 8 week class 4 days a week.

Am I nuts for thinking of this class for a summer class, having never done summer semester?

OCCC does calc 1, 2, and 3 instead of OU calc 1-4 so it is already a condensed class. I will be taking it at OCCC.

F

fretwise

I took calc 2 during the summer at my university. Calc 2 is extremely difficult at our campus (im sure its just as hard if not harder on yours). Long as you put the time and effort into it you will be fine. Ask questions when you can and do as many problems as possible to get it down for the tests. If your calc 1 starts at limits then you will have a easy first 1-2 weeks to start reading up on future stuff.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion summer school is much easier than regular semesters. Fewer classes to focus on and less time for homework!

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion summer school is much easier than regular semesters. Fewer classes to focus on and less time for homework!

This has been my experience as well. The students dont want to be there, the teachers don't want to be there, and there is usually way too much curriculum crammed into 8 weeks. Usually smaller classes too, and some schools do discount the classes quite a bit for the summer.

YMMV though

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely max out the summer courses!

It's painful, it's high paced, and it's drinking from the fire hydrant - but the professors usually know this, and adjust the test accordingly.
If your serious about schooling, and can handle the pain - you can accomplish 2 full semesters just during the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom