Suppressed shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, after a little silicone on the charging handle, what is next? a switch block? anyone have any experience. i have noticed a good amount of garbage in the action after much shooting. although it is nice and quiet :)

I think that is just the price we have to pay for the "cool" and quiet factors.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok, after a little silicone on the charging handle, what is next? a switch block? anyone have any experience. i have noticed a good amount of garbage in the action after much shooting. although it is nice and quiet :)

I had a Switchblock rifle and it was very nice. It does cut down on the amount of crud in the action, but it doesn't eliminate it. I'm not a big fan of clamp on gas blocks, so the only way I'd get another Switchblock is a complete barrel assembly or upper. I sure wish Noveske would sell the pin on separate. I'd pop for a Fail Zero or Bravo Co. Ion-Bonded BCG well before I'd buy a clamp on Switchblock. I went with the BCM and it's well worth the money on a suppressed gun!

The key is to properly spring and buffer the gun so you get a good ejection pattern. I went with an extra power Wolff spring and H buffer in my 11.5" full auto gun. As the picture here shows, even after extensive firing without cleaning, there's not a lot of brass marking on the deflector. That's an indication that the gun is properly sprung. This also cuts down on wear and tear. Added benefits of getting the gun tuned properly is that it's slightly quieter and has a lot less felt recoil. You don't have quite as much gas when the gun unlocks and bolt noise is reduced because it's not slamming back at warp speed.

[Broken External Image]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the advantage to those BCGs? Does the "ion-bonding" reduce the amount of dirt/debris that sticks to it?

Greatly. Also increases surface hardness to over 80 Rockwell. The area where you can see the BCM logo in the pic, I just rubbed my finger over it and a thick coating of black sludge just wiped away. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom