Suppressed shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the PRI gas buster charging handles? I noticed with my suppressor that I get a ton of blowback in my face. Just wondering if they work/are worth the money. Thanks.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the PRI gas buster charging handles? I noticed with my suppressor that I get a ton of blowback in my face. Just wondering if they work/are worth the money. Thanks.

I have had a couple of them. They are very strong, but do not eliminate all of the gas. I have found that putting a small bead of silicone on the rear of the standard charging handle works better. Here is a link to show you how it is done (look at the top of the page I linked):

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=454853

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks a ton. I have countless tubes of that stuff lying around from working on cars. I'll give it a go this weekend.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was having this exact same probem and got the same advice here. This fix works like a champ and is almost free...

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_WedFeb10215244CST2010.jpg

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_WedFeb10215225CST2010.jpg

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I tried this. It works so well I did it to my other AR just for kicks. This is a great fix, thanks for the help guys!

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, after a little silicone on the charging handle, what is next? a switch block? anyone have any experience. i have noticed a good amount of garbage in the action after much shooting. although it is nice and quiet :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom