Suppressor ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about to get me paperwork back for my 45acp suppressor for my usp45 tac. i"ve been told not to shoot "normal" box ammo. Is this %#@* ? if not do tell me more!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which suppressor manufacturer is stating to not use factory ammo? Factory ammo usually isn't the quietest and .45 cans often aren't "ear safe" when shot dry, but I've never heard a mfg. state to not use factory ammo.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALL .45 ACP ammo is SubSonic...WTF??? EAR SAFE??? if it don't quiet that I guess it really isn't a suppressor!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you got it backwards. Most Mfgrs. void the warranty if you Don't shoot factory ammo. I once saw a suppressor stacked end to end with reloads what a mess, only thing salvageable was the tube.

They were shooting T.F.'s reloads.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knights brand wet suppressor but I must say I have only heard this as a rumor.

Did you get the USP-T?

ALL .45 ACP ammo is SubSonic...WTF??? EAR SAFE??? if it don't quiet that I guess it really isn't a suppressor!

Yeah, a lot of .45 cans are not hearing safe when shot dry. Pretty common knowledge. The KAC USP-T was the first hearing safe dry .45 can and now we have the SilencerCo Osprey and the AAC Ti-Rant (not shipping yet). Bigger bore cans are less efficient.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I've ever been able to shoot a .45 can personally, it was nearly "movie" quiet... It was a YHM Cobra shot wet with blazer brass factory ammo. I was ready to be disappointed but ended up really impressed.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I've shot an AAC .45 can dry on a Glock 21 and it's not nearly as quiet as my Evo 9. It's not the bullet, but the amount of powder gasses (which are supersonic) that escape the .45 caliber cans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom